from October 2009 by thread

XHTML character entity support Alexey Proskuryakov (Friday, 30 October)

invitation to observe PF meeting Cynthia Shelly (Friday, 30 October)

[Bug 8137] In the scripting-enabled case, noscript outside head has to be conforming if replaced by its parsed text, but noscript inside head doesn't (so <noscript><meta bogus></noscript> is allowed); they ought to consistently require conformingness. [pt] (Friday, 30 October)

Change Proposal Template Laura Carlson (Friday, 30 October)

[Bug 8125] Can it be specified somewhere that script can define a variable named "top" with 'var top' in a global context? This is currently inconsistent across browsers. (Friday, 30 October)

Changes to DOM3 Events Key Identifiers Doug Schepers (Friday, 30 October)

[Bug 8088] Change back the meaning of <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="FOO, BAR"> (Thursday, 29 October)

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... Manu Sporny (Thursday, 29 October)

[Bug 8088] Change back the meaning of <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="FOO, BAR"> (Thursday, 29 October)

[Bug 6462] Self-reference and cyclic references in headers='' (Wednesday, 28 October)

Splitting out sections and submitting bugs (canvas, Microdata, et al) Re: Proposal to publish HTML5 and vocab specs Shelley Powers (Wednesday, 28 October)

CfC: Adopt Proposed Decision Policy Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 28 October)

Clarification on old issues and rationale Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 28 October)

HTML WG meeting at TPAC - unconference style Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 28 October)

[Bug 8107] I dont think that itemid should be prohibited if there is no itemtype. Several of the use cases would work fine with an id but no type (Wednesday, 28 October)

[Bug 8092] HTMLCollection subclass interfaces are incompatible with static languages (Tuesday, 27 October)

Proposal to publish HTML5 and vocab specs Ian Hickson (Tuesday, 27 October)

WhatWG Issued last call for HTML5 Shelley Powers (Tuesday, 27 October)

[Bug 8088] Change back the meaning of <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="FOO, BAR"> (Tuesday, 27 October)

Fwd: A Proposal for HTML Improvements for Bidi, Part 1: Bidi Aspects of Existing HTML Features Jens Meiert (Tuesday, 27 October)

Ann: HTTPbis -08 drafts published Julian Reschke (Tuesday, 27 October)

[Bug 7633] The use of @summary should be encouraged when circumstances warrant (Tuesday, 27 October)

[Bug 8038] Permit closing tag for new, void elements - for legacy compatibility = XHTML alignment (Tuesday, 27 October)

[Bug 6181] Process table feedback (including headers='" issue) (Tuesday, 27 October)

[Bug 5807] User Agent display of title attribute content not defined (Tuesday, 27 October)

RE: what's the language of a document ? Ian Hickson (Tuesday, 27 October)

Issue-72: Microdata/RDFa: Chairs Solicit *COUNTER* proposals Sam Ruby (Monday, 26 October)

ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal Charles McCathieNevile (Monday, 26 October)

distributed/decentralized extensibility Shelley Powers (Monday, 26 October)

Task Forces Wiki Page Laura Carlson (Monday, 26 October)

[Bug 7260] Create testsuite for table headers association (Monday, 26 October)

[Bug 8003] line breaks in attributes (especially title) (Monday, 26 October)

ISSUE-4: html-versioning - Chairs Solicit Proposals Sam Ruby (Monday, 26 October)

ISSUE-63: origin-req-scope - Chairs Solicit Proposals Sam Ruby (Monday, 26 October)

ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Proposals Sam Ruby (Monday, 26 October)

ISSUE-7: video-codecs - Chairs Solicit Proposals Sam Ruby (Monday, 26 October)

ISSUE 14: aria-role - suggest closing on 2009-11-12 Sam Ruby (Monday, 26 October)

[Bug 8060] Why must class be a set of unique tokens? It's quite common to have duplicates (~0.5% of dotbot pages), and convenient when you're programmatically generating HTML, and harmless (Monday, 26 October)

[Bug 8038] Permit closing tag for new, void elements - for legacy compatibility = XHTML alignment (Monday, 26 October)

[Bug 8038] Permit closing tag for new, void elements - for legacy compatibility = XHTML alignment (Monday, 26 October)

A suggestion from the public Justin James (Monday, 26 October)

[Bug 8047] Reflecting floats: The rules for parsing floating point number values return an unlimited-precision (finite in base 10) number. How is it converted to limited-precision IDL attribute types? In particular, what rounding mode is used? and do very large valu (Sunday, 25 October)

Re: what's the language of a document ? Divya Manian (Sunday, 25 October)

Microdata: itemid attribute (feedback) Martin McEvoy (Saturday, 24 October)

[Bug 8037] The form controls collection should just be an HTMLCollection instead of having an HTMLFormControlsCollection interface (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 8036] HTMLOptionsCollection should inherit from HTMLCollection (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 8035] HTMLAllCollection should inherit from HTMLCollection (Friday, 23 October)

Property enumeration on forms Boris Zbarsky (Friday, 23 October)

IDNA last call comments // IDNA in IRI document Larry Masinter (Friday, 23 October)

Wiki Page: Accessibility Issues in Tracker & Bugs in Bugzilla Laura Carlson (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7362] inclusion of the title as a case where the alt may be omitted is problematic (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7245] canvas (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 5823] Scope allowable on a td (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7806] atom ID element generation for feed entries (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7404] "but only if the element is being rendered" needs to take into account <canvas> descendants if we're making them focusable (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 8000] ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 5821] meta/@scheme missing (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 5821] meta/@scheme missing (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 5822] The headers attribute should be able to reference a td (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 5758] insufficient accessibility fallback for <audio> or <video> (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7144] I am not sure if we are ditching ALT in favour of legend. You don't make this clear here. Some of your alt examples here resemble longdesc, which I am in favour of ditching completely. I'd be interested to see your answer on whatwg list about this (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 6496] [blocked on aria] Allow <img aria-labelledby> to act as a caption (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 6494] Make the requiredness about alt more obvious (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7740] Authoring advice for canvas is bad for accessibility (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7245] canvas (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7011] [in off-bug discussion] canvas accessible fallback provision is under specified (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 7539] Since @summary is an official part of the table element, it is no longer obsolete. Suffienct warning language exists in it's definition that this entry should be removed (Friday, 23 October)

who makes the CFC LC? Shelley Powers (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 8003] line breaks in attributes (especially title) (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 8000] ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 8000] ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 (Friday, 23 October)

Short-term workarounds - - <source> in <video> Joe D Williams (Friday, 23 October)

[Bug 8003] line breaks in attributes (especially title) (Thursday, 22 October)

Re: Testing suggestion: MSAA support Laura Carlson (Thursday, 22 October)

[Bug 7992] Original insertion mode concept doesn't work well when SVG with HTML content embedded in non-body context (Thursday, 22 October)

[Bug 8000] ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 (Thursday, 22 October)

ISSUE-76: CHANGE PROPOSAL: Separate Microdata from HTML5 Specification Manu Sporny (Thursday, 22 October)

Canvas 2D API specification update Eliot Graff (Wednesday, 21 October)

RE: Canvas 2D API specification update - defining the element or not Adrian Bateman (Wednesday, 21 October)

Can we get HTML+RDFa link posted to HTML WG front page? Shelley Powers (Wednesday, 21 October)

scribe for 2009-10-22 WG meeting Paul Cotton (Wednesday, 21 October)

Bugzilla Keyword List Laura Carlson (Wednesday, 21 October)

W3C TPAC registration closes Fri. 23 October Paul Cotton (Wednesday, 21 October)

Remote participation in the F2F Henri Sivonen (Wednesday, 21 October)

Publishing a Working Draft Laura Carlson (Wednesday, 21 October)

ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5. Steven Faulkner (Wednesday, 21 October)

[Bug 7977] Define whether application/octet-stream with parameters is a type that the user agent knows it cannot render (Wednesday, 21 October)

[Bug 7978] Form foster parenting introduces extra space to layout (Wednesday, 21 October)

Administrative requests related to the decision policy Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 21 October)

Editor's Response in the proposed process (with particular note of spec diff links) Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 21 October)

ACTION-154: Check on F2F room size and number of participants Paul Cotton (Tuesday, 20 October)

Invitation to connect on LinkedIn Diego La Monica (Tuesday, 20 October)

request agenda time to present X3D summary at HTML5 TPAC meeting Don Brutzman (Tuesday, 20 October)

[Bug 7971] <base> UA requirements (Tuesday, 20 October)

[Bug 7972] It appears that the steps listed for what to do when reset() is invoked contain a race condition unless step 1 (checking if already marked) and step 2 (marking the form as locked) are performed atomically together. (Tuesday, 20 October)

Not all attributes get lowercased in the DOM Leif Halvard Silli (Monday, 19 October)

[Bug 7964] Either change the "properties of an item" algorithm to be tree-order or HTMLPropertyCollection.values to be algorithm-order (Sunday, 18 October)

Microdata: The Itemref element Nicholas Stimpson (Sunday, 18 October)

Ops... except tag link Sergio Abreu (Saturday, 17 October)

Two New HTML TAGS suggestion for HTML Specs Sergio Abreu (Saturday, 17 October)

RE: HTML WG Testing Task Force Kris Krueger (Saturday, 17 October)

Extend @refid and including of microdata Giovanni Gentili (Saturday, 17 October)

Updating the HTML Working Group Homepage Ben Millard (Saturday, 17 October)

Hyperlinks and content negotiation Mike Kelly (Friday, 16 October)

Re: The Complexity Argument Ian Hickson (Friday, 16 October)

Question on Context menus Jeff Schiller (Friday, 16 October)

[Bug 7926] Undefine insertion point if parser on call stack doing anything other than running script element (Friday, 16 October)

ruby /ruby Joe D Williams (Friday, 16 October)

Call for Exclusions: HTML+RDFa Ian Jacobs (Thursday, 15 October)

[VER 2] {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans Paul Cotton (Thursday, 15 October)

Call for Volunteers: Review of MathML 3.0 Last Call Paul Cotton (Thursday, 15 October)

HTML5 object@width %-unit Alexandre Alapetite (Thursday, 15 October)

[Bug 7918] prefetching: allow site to deny (Thursday, 15 October)

Accessibility of Media Elements in HTML 5 John Foliot (Wednesday, 14 October)

[Bug 7917] document.close() should attempt to tokenize (Wednesday, 14 October)

Regrets for tomorrow; URL/IRI progress, ISSUE-56/ACTION-37 Larry Masinter (Wednesday, 14 October)

Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification Shelley Powers (Wednesday, 14 October)

ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification Manu Sporny (Wednesday, 14 October)

Undefining insertion point when the parser touches the DOM (except </script> and fragment parser) Henri Sivonen (Wednesday, 14 October)

ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 what's next with decentralized extensibility Shelley Powers (Tuesday, 13 October)

Locale/default encoding table Geoffrey Sneddon (Tuesday, 13 October)

Expected "last call" for CSS Backgrounds And Borders Bert Bos (Monday, 12 October)

Re: typeof document.all Brendan Eich (Monday, 12 October)

Infinite loop? (was HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion) Laura Carlson (Monday, 12 October)

[Bug 7896] Specify pageshow and pagehide events (Monday, 12 October)

[Bug 7895] In step 6, it should be allowed (and clear that it is allowed) for UAs to use additional data such as the site TLD to guess the correct encoding (Monday, 12 October)

[Bug 7878] An attribute to actually find out if something is playing would be nice (.isplaying). Unless I'm wrong currently you can't actually tell if something is playing without setting var with JS when you start to play and you can't go by the playback position s (Sunday, 11 October)

We have a volunteer to write a Change Proposal for ISSUE-32: table-summary Maciej Stachowiak (Saturday, 10 October)

ISSUE-83 offer to write change proposal Shelley Powers (Saturday, 10 October)

Re: ISSUE-55: Re-enable @profile in HTML5 (draft 1) Maciej Stachowiak (Saturday, 10 October)

[Bug 7862] Support Extended Processing Behavior via @profile/@version (Saturday, 10 October)

Re: HTML WG Testing Task Force Manu Sporny (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7859] Mention under step 1 that it can also be aborted if the user agent has discovered that there is no network available and therefore cannot perform HTTP requests. This prevents dispatching error events when the user is using the application offline. (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7858] All the current entries should merge into one current entry in the joint session history. (imagine a series of nested iframes that haven't been navigated, and call go(-1)... it should go back at the top-level, not do something weird with the iframes) (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7855] Define fragment parsing when the context is not an HTML, SVG or MathML node (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7856] When JavaScript or <canvas> is disabled <canvas> should be treated as an ordinary element and not a replaced element. (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7851] Some (perhaps all) scripts with a for="" attribute should be ignored (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7836] Should the name="" of a <map> be unique in the document? (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7844] Remove "that is in a Document and" when the src attribute is set and when a source is inserted, because there's no reason resource selection shouldn't be run when it's not in the document. Then we also don't have to run resource selection when inserting a (Friday, 9 October)

[Bug 7848] MathML version used in HTML5 (Friday, 9 October)

French translation of Dave Raggett, Advanced HTML CE Whitehead (Friday, 9 October)

HTML Accessibility Task Force at TPAC Cynthia Shelly (Thursday, 8 October)

[minutes] 20091008 HTML Working Group call Philippe Le Hegaret (Thursday, 8 October)

RE: ACTION-127: establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts Paul Cotton (Thursday, 8 October)

[Bug 7842] No programmatic way to make an HTML document - consider adding createHTMLDocument (Thursday, 8 October)

[Bug 7843] Please make 'abort', ' loadend' and 'emptied' use "queue a task". Firing them sync is annoying to implement and doesn't seem to solve any problem. (Thursday, 8 October)

[Bug 7834] "If a new element is inserted between the two nodes that define pointer" - s/element/node/ (Thursday, 8 October)

HTML+RDFa FPWD ready for publishing Manu Sporny (Thursday, 8 October)

Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-08: AIs, Task Forces, TPAC/ECMA, Decision Policy Manu Sporny (Wednesday, 7 October)

HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 7 October)

Re: ISSUE-81 (resource vs representation) Ian Hickson (Tuesday, 6 October)

Re: Localized decimal separator for numbers in <meter> textContent Ian Hickson (Tuesday, 6 October)

Re: WindowProxy Ian Hickson (Tuesday, 6 October)

Re: CfC: Create HTML Accessibility Task Force Laura Carlson (Tuesday, 6 October)

The increasing competition between Google and Microsoft and it's perceived impact on HTML5 Shelley Powers (Tuesday, 6 October)

Microdata vocabulary syntax John Giannandrea (Monday, 5 October)

Re: Issues arising from not reparsing Simon Pieters (Monday, 5 October)

Fwd: Additional notes from last Thursday's meeting Boris Zbarsky (Monday, 5 October)

[Bug 7804] In Firefox and Safari .text returns the value of the child text nodes -- not textContent (Monday, 5 October)

[Bug 7803] The title element's "value" is earlier defined to be the value of its child text nodes -- not textContent (Monday, 5 October)

Re: ACTION-103 Follow up on the about: scheme Registration Ian Hickson (Monday, 5 October)

[Bug 7799] If the fragid doesn't match an ID or a name in the document, then surely the browser should revert to doing a text search for the fragid text in the document (Monday, 5 October)

[Bug 7800] title attribute: add new attr for machine-readable strings (Monday, 5 October)

[Bug 7669] Redefining dt and dd, recommend new element as caption for Figure (Monday, 5 October)

Re: Conformance of SVG content in HTML Ian Hickson (Monday, 5 October)

closing bugs while there's still an open issue (related to dt/dd) Shelley Powers (Monday, 5 October)

Re: [HTML5] DOMContentLoaded fires before CSS resources loaded? Ian Hickson (Monday, 5 October)

Re: Authoring Requirements for Using SVG and MathML in HTML Documents Ian Hickson (Monday, 5 October)

Re: Elements used to scope <address> Ian Hickson (Sunday, 4 October)

RE: HTML5 Issue 11 (encoding detection): I18N WG response... Ian Hickson (Sunday, 4 October)

Microdata vocabulary specifications Ian Hickson (Sunday, 4 October)

[Fwd: [Registration] 2009-11 F2F meeting of the HTML WG] Sam Ruby (Saturday, 3 October)

[Bug 7792] async on inline script is gratuitously backwards-incompatible, should be ignored (Friday, 2 October)

Re: [Bug 7776] rename appcache events? Jonas Sicking (Friday, 2 October)

Consider removing the MathML entities from text/html Simon Pieters (Thursday, 1 October)

RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility Adrian Bateman (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7786] change priority for online whitelist namespaces other than * (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7775] are the extra events needed when status is checking or downloading (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7785] "Expiring application caches" feedback (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7784] "cache failure steps" feedback (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7783] appcache download events (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7781] forbid duplicate online whitelist namespaces (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7764] Since the online whitelist entries are namespaces it should not use a prefix match but instead something more complicated as is defined for fallback entries in 6.9.5. (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7767] Atomic update of application cache is not well-defined (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7766] Fallback namespace overlap/repetition ignored (Thursday, 1 October)

[Bug 7779] Missing task source for application cache events (Thursday, 1 October)

free-software-compatible license for HTML5 (ACTION-29) Philippe Le Hegaret (Thursday, 1 October)

Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility Maciej Stachowiak (Thursday, 1 October)

Last message date: Saturday, 31 October 2009 23:23:32 UTC