Re: Infinite loop? (was HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion)

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Laura Carlson wrote:
>> Will having no ending step that directly implements the working
>> group's decision be problematic?
>
> It will be problematic if it ever occurs. From my conversations with Ian
> and Manu (our current editors of active normative drafts), I believe
> each of them would follow a formal Working Group decision, so I do not
> expect this to come up.

I would certainly respect any formal Working Group decision made by the
HTML WG.

Even in the most contentious case, if I were to refuse to change spec
language after a formal WG decision, I'd expect another WG member to
step forward and change the language (since all spec source files are
available).

-- manu

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Pirate Bay and Building an Equitable Culture
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/08/30/equitable-culture/