Re: Issues arising from not reparsing

On Tue, 6 Oct 2009, Simon Pieters wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 18:34:42 +0200, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> > Proposal #3 in http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/CDATA_Escapes reads:
> >
> >     For script, when in an escaped text span, set a flag after having seen
> >     "<script" followed by whitespace or slash or greater-than. "</script"
> >     followed by whitespace or slash or greater-than only closes the element
> >     if the flag is not set, and otherwise emits the text and resets the
> >     flag. Exiting an escaped text span also resets the flag.
>
> Upon further reflection, it seems unnecessary to check the next character
> after "<script", so I've changed the proposal to read:
>
>    For script, when in an escaped text span, set a flag after having seen
>    "<script". "</script" followed by whitespace or slash or greater-than
>    only closes the element if the flag is not set, and otherwise emits the
>    text and resets the flag. Exiting an escaped text span also resets the
>    flag.

So the proposed changes to the spec are:

 * in the Data state, while the escape flag is true, if you consume "t"
   and the previous characters were "<scrip", then set the inner escape
   flag to true also,

 * whenever the escape flag is set to false, also set the inner-escape
   flag to false,

 * for "<" in the Data state, you always switch to the Tag open state, and

 * in the RCDATA/RAWTEXT bit at the top of the Close tag open state, add
   to the end of the first paragraph "or they are but the escape flag and
   the inner-escape flag are both true"

...?