Re: HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Sam Ruby wrote:
>> My hope remains that we settle on MIT.  If the W3C and WHATWG can't come 
>> to an agreement on a license, then we will need to revisit this -- but 
>> then again, we will need to revisit a lot of assumptions, so I would 
>> recommend that we cross that bridge when we get to it.
> I assume you mean "If the W3C and the HTMLWG participants can't come to an 
> agreement...", not "W3C and WHATWG"; I'm unaware of any W3C/WHATWG 
> communication on the subject. As far as I'm aware, it's only an internal 
> HTMLWG issue regarding the licensing of the HTMLWG deliverables.

The action is clearly on the HTMLWG side at this point in time 
(specifically, ACTION-29).  Should the W3C decide to permit this working 
group to settle on MIT, I would hope that this resolves the issue.

- Sam Ruby

Received on Thursday, 8 October 2009 09:21:54 UTC