Re: Microdata design philosophies

Hello Sam.

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>>
>> It ridiculous, and it gets worse the further along you get. its an
>> ugly specification, totally unexpected from a learned community.
>
> This is *NOT* constructive.  Focus.

Sorry..

> I assume that you are trying to make one of the following points.
>
> 1) Microdata should be a separate spec.

Yes it should..

> If so, the argument you are making in this email is off topic at best.

I wasnt discussing that, we were discussing my assertion that, Microdata
is not "Designed for humans first and machines second". but the
discussion has drifted to Microdata is bogus semantics.

> 2) Microdata is suboptimal for certain use cases.  If so, it this
> input is not constructive.  Specific bug reports would be much more
> helpful.
>
> 3) Microdata is something that you would never use.  If you can cite
> specifics about adoption by other people may make your life harder,
> that would be helpful.  But again: specifics.

No at this present time I would not use it, its suboptimal for my needs.
and in my view it doesn't add any value to HTML

> If you are trying to make a point other than one of these three, then
> I simply don't understand the point that you are trying to make, and I
> assume that others don't either.  If so, please try to get to the
> point.  If not, then please move on.  General statements about vague
> dangers won't convince anyone.

I am going to respond further, but in a separate email.

Best wishes.

--

Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/

"You may find it hard to swallow the notion that anything as large and apparently inanimate as the Earth is alive."
Dr. James Lovelock, The Ages of Gaia