Re: Canvas 2D API specification update

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> Is Microsoft considering a Canvas implementation in IE? I must admit to
> having some discomfort with the spec being edited by the one implementor
> that has *not* implemented Canvas so far. Good future stewardship of the API
> requires having a stake in its success, and Microsoft's past attitude
> towards Canvas has been one of hostility at worst and indifference at best.
> It seems to me that this creates the potential for significant conflict of
> interest.

First, I want to thank Doug and Eliot for their work on the
specification. I appreciate the effort, and look forward to reading it
and hopefully providing some useful feedback. Well, I'll try to
provide feedback, I can't guarantee the usefulness.

As to whether Eliot, who is an employee of MS, should be involved in
this effort as editor, I believe he volunteered when no else did. And
I wouldn't say that MS doesn't have experience with 2D graphics.

I must admit, I'd like to know if this means MS will implement the
Canvas 2D functionality. However, I would also hate to make anyone
feel uncomfortable contributing to this, or any effort.

> Regards,
> Maciej

Shelley