Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility

Laurens Holst wrote:
> Op 1-10-2009 11:13, Julian Reschke schreef:
>> No, that's an API problem. There are other APIs that use expanded
>> names as identifiers.
>
> Well correct me if I’m wrong, but you have to use tuples. In XML
> namespaces:
>
> <asdf xmlns="http://example.org/">
>
> is not identical to:
>
> <df xmlns="http://example.org/as">

But you can use a notation which combines the tuple into a string, such
as with the so-called Clark notation:

	{http://example.org/}asdf

> You can not simply concatenate the local name to the namespace. Although

Nobody claimed that.

> you could join the strings with e.g. ‘##’ (because that is not a legal
> part of an URI), but there is no such official standard supporting this
> and thus you can only use it internally.

You don't need a standard, you need an agreement for senders and
consumers. Several APIs use the Clark notation for that.

BR, Julian