Re: request agenda time to present X3D summary at HTML5 TPAC meeting

Shelley Powers wrote:
> [...]
>
> As some background on this, I found the report on this change [1],
> which listed the X3D section as out of scope.
>
> I didn't find a companion discussion regarding this decision at either
> the HTML WG email list, or the WhatWG email list.
>
> Not making a comment on this decision, or the TPAC X3D invitation,
> just providing specifics.
>
> Shelley
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2009Sep/0233.html

Thank you Shelly.  We hope to gain a better understanding of how X3D can
best support and and align with HTML5.  It is always good to discuss what
is in and what is out of the HTML5 draft recommendation.

Of interest is that Johannes now has some interesting demos that allow
direct X3D integration within an HTML page, online at http://x3DOM.org
These are implemented in Javascript and WebGL, and so do not require a
plugin.  So far testing is successful on Firefox and WebKit nightly builds.

all the best, Don
--
Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br           brutzman@nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  work +1.831.656.2149