from October 2009 by subject

[Bug 5758] insufficient accessibility fallback for <audio> or <video>

[Bug 5807] User Agent display of title attribute content not defined

[Bug 5821] meta/@scheme missing

[Bug 5822] The headers attribute should be able to reference a td

[Bug 5823] Scope allowable on a td

[Bug 6181] Process table feedback (including headers='" issue)

[Bug 6462] Self-reference and cyclic references in headers=''

[Bug 6494] Make the requiredness about alt more obvious

[Bug 6496] [blocked on aria] Allow <img aria-labelledby> to act as a caption

[Bug 7011] [in off-bug discussion] canvas accessible fallback provision is under specified

[Bug 7144] I am not sure if we are ditching ALT in favour of legend. You don't make this clear here. Some of your alt examples here resemble longdesc, which I am in favour of ditching completely. I'd be interested to see your answer on whatwg list about this

[Bug 7245] canvas

[Bug 7260] Create testsuite for table headers association

[Bug 7362] inclusion of the title as a case where the alt may be omitted is problematic

[Bug 7404] "but only if the element is being rendered" needs to take into account <canvas> descendants if we're making them focusable

[Bug 7539] Since @summary is an official part of the table element, it is no longer obsolete. Suffienct warning language exists in it's definition that this entry should be removed

[Bug 7633] The use of @summary should be encouraged when circumstances warrant

[Bug 7669] Redefining dt and dd, recommend new element as caption for Figure

[Bug 7740] Authoring advice for canvas is bad for accessibility

[Bug 7764] Since the online whitelist entries are namespaces it should not use a prefix match but instead something more complicated as is defined for fallback entries in 6.9.5.

[Bug 7766] Fallback namespace overlap/repetition ignored

[Bug 7767] Atomic update of application cache is not well-defined

[Bug 7775] are the extra events needed when status is checking or downloading

[Bug 7776] rename appcache events?

[Bug 7779] Missing task source for application cache events

[Bug 7781] forbid duplicate online whitelist namespaces

[Bug 7783] appcache download events

[Bug 7784] "cache failure steps" feedback

[Bug 7785] "Expiring application caches" feedback

[Bug 7786] change priority for online whitelist namespaces other than *

[Bug 7792] async on inline script is gratuitously backwards-incompatible, should be ignored

[Bug 7799] If the fragid doesn't match an ID or a name in the document, then surely the browser should revert to doing a text search for the fragid text in the document

[Bug 7800] title attribute: add new attr for machine-readable strings

[Bug 7803] The title element's "value" is earlier defined to be the value of its child text nodes -- not textContent

[Bug 7804] In Firefox and Safari .text returns the value of the child text nodes -- not textContent

[Bug 7806] atom ID element generation for feed entries

[Bug 7834] "If a new element is inserted between the two nodes that define pointer" - s/element/node/

[Bug 7836] Should the name="" of a <map> be unique in the document?

[Bug 7842] No programmatic way to make an HTML document - consider adding createHTMLDocument

[Bug 7843] Please make 'abort', ' loadend' and 'emptied' use "queue a task". Firing them sync is annoying to implement and doesn't seem to solve any problem.

[Bug 7844] Remove "that is in a Document and" when the src attribute is set and when a source is inserted, because there's no reason resource selection shouldn't be run when it's not in the document. Then we also don't have to run resource selection when inserting a

[Bug 7848] MathML version used in HTML5

[Bug 7851] Some (perhaps all) scripts with a for="" attribute should be ignored

[Bug 7855] Define fragment parsing when the context is not an HTML, SVG or MathML node

[Bug 7856] When JavaScript or <canvas> is disabled <canvas> should be treated as an ordinary element and not a replaced element.

[Bug 7858] All the current entries should merge into one current entry in the joint session history. (imagine a series of nested iframes that haven't been navigated, and call go(-1)... it should go back at the top-level, not do something weird with the iframes)

[Bug 7859] Mention under step 1 that it can also be aborted if the user agent has discovered that there is no network available and therefore cannot perform HTTP requests. This prevents dispatching error events when the user is using the application offline.

[Bug 7862] Support Extended Processing Behavior via @profile/@version

[Bug 7878] An attribute to actually find out if something is playing would be nice (.isplaying). Unless I'm wrong currently you can't actually tell if something is playing without setting var with JS when you start to play and you can't go by the playback position s

[Bug 7895] In step 6, it should be allowed (and clear that it is allowed) for UAs to use additional data such as the site TLD to guess the correct encoding

[Bug 7896] Specify pageshow and pagehide events

[Bug 7917] document.close() should attempt to tokenize

[Bug 7918] prefetching: allow site to deny

[Bug 7926] Undefine insertion point if parser on call stack doing anything other than running script element

[Bug 7964] Either change the "properties of an item" algorithm to be tree-order or HTMLPropertyCollection.values to be algorithm-order

[Bug 7971] <base> UA requirements

[Bug 7972] It appears that the steps listed for what to do when reset() is invoked contain a race condition unless step 1 (checking if already marked) and step 2 (marking the form as locked) are performed atomically together.

[Bug 7977] Define whether application/octet-stream with parameters is a type that the user agent knows it cannot render

[Bug 7978] Form foster parenting introduces extra space to layout

[Bug 7992] Original insertion mode concept doesn't work well when SVG with HTML content embedded in non-body context

[Bug 8000] ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5

[Bug 8003] line breaks in attributes (especially title)

[Bug 8035] HTMLAllCollection should inherit from HTMLCollection

[Bug 8036] HTMLOptionsCollection should inherit from HTMLCollection

[Bug 8037] The form controls collection should just be an HTMLCollection instead of having an HTMLFormControlsCollection interface

[Bug 8038] Permit closing tag for new, void elements - for legacy compatibility = XHTML alignment

[Bug 8047] Reflecting floats: The rules for parsing floating point number values return an unlimited-precision (finite in base 10) number. How is it converted to limited-precision IDL attribute types? In particular, what rounding mode is used? and do very large valu

[Bug 8060] Why must class be a set of unique tokens? It's quite common to have duplicates (~0.5% of dotbot pages), and convenient when you're programmatically generating HTML, and harmless

[Bug 8088] Change back the meaning of <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="FOO, BAR">

[Bug 8092] HTMLCollection subclass interfaces are incompatible with static languages

[Bug 8107] I dont think that itemid should be prohibited if there is no itemtype. Several of the use cases would work fine with an id but no type

[Bug 8125] Can it be specified somewhere that script can define a variable named "top" with 'var top' in a global context? This is currently inconsistent across browsers.

[Bug 8137] In the scripting-enabled case, noscript outside head has to be conforming if replaced by its parsed text, but noscript inside head doesn't (so <noscript><meta bogus></noscript> is allowed); they ought to consistently require conformingness. [pt]

[Fwd: [Registration] 2009-11 F2F meeting of the HTML WG]

[HTML5] DOMContentLoaded fires before CSS resources loaded?

[minutes] 20091008 HTML Working Group call

[VER 2] {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-15: AIs, Task Forces, F2F meeting plans

A suggestion from the public

Accessibility of Media Elements in HTML 5

ACTION-103 Follow up on the about: scheme Registration

ACTION-127: establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts

ACTION-154: Check on F2F room size and number of participants

Administrative requests related to the decision policy

Ann: HTTPbis -08 drafts published

ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5.

Authoring Requirements for Using SVG and MathML in HTML Documents

Bugzilla Keyword List

Call for Exclusions: HTML+RDFa

Call for Volunteers: Review of MathML 3.0 Last Call

Can we get HTML+RDFa link posted to HTML WG front page?

Canvas 2D API specification update

Canvas 2D API specification update - defining the element or not

CfC: Adopt Proposed Decision Policy

CfC: Create HTML Accessibility Task Force

Change Proposal Template

Changes to DOM3 Events Key Identifiers

Clarification on old issues and rationale

Clarification on old issues and rationale -- Change Proposal vis a vis Issue-7.

closing bugs while there's still an open issue (related to dt/dd)

Conformance of SVG content in HTML

Consider removing the MathML entities from text/html

data-* attributes [was: Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility]

distributed/decentralized extensibility

Editor's Response in the proposed process (with particular note of spec diff links)

Elements used to scope <address>

Expected "last call" for CSS Backgrounds And Borders

Extend @refid and including of microdata

free-software-compatible license for HTML5 (ACTION-29)

French translation of Dave Raggett, Advanced HTML

Fwd: A Proposal for HTML Improvements for Bidi, Part 1: Bidi Aspects of Existing HTML Features

Fwd: Additional notes from last Thursday's meeting

HTML Accessibility Task Force at TPAC

HTML WG meeting at TPAC - unconference style

HTML WG Testing Task Force

HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion

HTML+RDFa FPWD ready for publishing

HTML5 Issue 11 (encoding detection): I18N WG response...

HTML5 object@width %-unit

Hyperlinks and content negotiation

IDNA last call comments // IDNA in IRI document

Infinite loop? (was HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion)

Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

invitation to observe PF meeting

ISSUE 14: aria-role - suggest closing on 2009-11-12

ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal

ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Proposals

ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility

ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 what's next with decentralized extensibility

ISSUE-4: html-versioning - Chairs Solicit Proposals

ISSUE-55: Re-enable @profile in HTML5 (draft 1)

ISSUE-63: origin-req-scope - Chairs Solicit Proposals

Issue-72: Microdata/RDFa: Chairs Solicit *COUNTER* proposals

ISSUE-73, was: Microdata vocabulary specifications

ISSUE-76: CHANGE PROPOSAL: Separate Microdata from HTML5 Specification

ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

ISSUE-7: video-codecs - Chairs Solicit Proposals

ISSUE-81 (resource vs representation)

ISSUE-81 (resource vs representation) CORRECTION

ISSUE-83 offer to write change proposal

Issues arising from not reparsing

Last Call Criteria (Re: WhatWG Issued last call for HTML5)

Locale/default encoding table

Localized decimal separator for numbers in <meter> textContent

Microdata design philosophies

Microdata Issues

Microdata Issues [was Microdata design philosophies]

Microdata vocabulary specifications

Microdata vocabulary syntax

Microdata: itemid attribute (feedback)

Microdata: The Itemref element

Not all attributes get lowercased in the DOM

Ops... except tag link

Producing Atom

Producing Atom (was: Microdata vocabulary specifications)

Property enumeration on forms

Proposal to publish HTML5 and vocab specs

Publishing a Working Draft

Question on Context menus

Regrets for tomorrow; URL/IRI progress, ISSUE-56/ACTION-37

Remote participation in the F2F

request agenda time to present X3D summary at HTML5 TPAC meeting

ruby /ruby

scribe for 2009-10-22 WG meeting

Short-term workarounds - - <source> in <video>

Splitting out sections and submitting bugs (canvas, Microdata, et al) Re: Proposal to publish HTML5 and vocab specs

Task Forces Wiki Page

Testing suggestion: MSAA support

The Complexity Argument

The increasing competition between Google and Microsoft and it's perceived impact on HTML5

Two New HTML TAGS suggestion for HTML Specs

typeof document.all

Undefining insertion point when the parser touches the DOM (except </script> and fragment parser)

Updating the HTML Working Group Homepage

W3C TPAC registration closes Fri. 23 October

We have a volunteer to write a Change Proposal for ISSUE-32: table-summary

what's the language of a document ?

WhatWG Issued last call for HTML5

who makes the CFC LC?

Wiki Page: Accessibility Issues in Tracker & Bugs in Bugzilla


XHTML character entity support

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-08: AIs, Task Forces, TPAC/ECMA, Decision Policy

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F...

Last message date: Saturday, 31 October 2009 23:23:32 UTC