RE: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility

On Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:34 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Tony Ross <tross@microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Another use case would be the ability to easily and
> > efficiently select the list of all elements in the document that the
> > library should act upon.

[snip]

> Not sure I understand the list-of-elements example.

The scenario is that a library wants to process all elements in its namespace. From Tony's document:

---
Querying for elements specific to a particular extension becomes cleaner.

     var myCustomElements =
          document.getElementsByTagNameNS("com.mycompany", "*");

Without mapping to namespaces, some form of filtering must be performed by script.

     var elms = document.getElementsByTagName("*");
     for(var i = 0; i < elms.length; i++)
     {
           if(elms[i].tagName.indexOf("my:") == 0)
           {