Re: ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 decentralized-extensibility

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> However, I think it's a strong indication that if we, who work with
>> these specs on almost a daily basis, have trouble understanding, then
>> the system is too complicated.
>
> I do not believe that anybody involved in this discussion had problems
> understanding how namespaces work. It was just confusion about a specific
> API.

As I've said, I guess you could argue that the complication arrises
not from XML Namespaces in itself, but from DOM + XML Namespaces.
However I as long as the DOM is the API that we have available, that
doesn't really change any of my arguments.

If another API other than the DOM was proposed, then that might change
things. I'm not convinced that replacing the DOM is realistic given
how widely it is used, but until there is an actual proposal to
discuss the question is theoretical.

/ Jonas