Re: ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Steven Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi maciej,
>>I think <button> is pretty consistently fully stylable cross-browser
>> (unlike, say, <input type="button">).
> This is really incidental to the issue being discussed, most, if not all
> html elements can be scripted and styled in a way that overides their native
> semantic
> If this is allowed, then it follows that the addition of ARIA roles
> should not result in a conformance error, as the addition of ARIA is
> incidental to the developers intention to overide the native semantics.

Couldn't the same argument be made for any other element as well? Does
this mean that we should allow ARIA roles on all elements?

But for example <h1> can be overridden to look and act like a button
or a link, does this mean that we should allow arbitrary ARIA on <h1>?

/ Jonas