Re: Microdata vocabulary specifications

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > On Oct 3, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > >
> > > As part of the recent Microdata update, I removed the predefined
> > > vocabularies from HTML5. Would the working group like these
> > > vocabularies to be published as separate deliverables of the HTMLWG?
> >
> > I think that would be a good idea. If the working group is agreeable,
> > I'll propose that removing predefined vocabularies and publishing them
> > separately should be the resolution to ISSUE-73.
> > <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/73>
>
> I assume that this means that HTML5 would not reference these new
> documents, or, if it would, just informatively?

I've updated the spec and generated the three new specs, and the HTML5
spec does not reference the new documents.

(I also took out the various features of HTML5 that previously used those
vocabularies, so e.g. HTML5 no longer supports drag-and-drop of
microdata-annotated vCards to programs like AddressBook.app.)

The specs are now at:
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/mdvcard/
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/mdvevent/
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/mdwork/