Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2009, at 00:01, Jonas Sicking wrote:

>>  ...description here...
>
> This is problematic, because the hidden attribute is suppose to hide content
> on all media--including pruning the content out of the accessible tree.

I don't think that affects IDREFS going into such a part of the page
though. @hidden doesn't conceptually remove things from the page, for
example scripts still execute, plugins and iframes still load, DOM is
still created etc.

It just removes that part of the page from the normal flow. The same
way as "display:none" does.

This is similar to how the <defs> element in SVG works. Things inside
<defs> are not displayed directly, however other elements, such as
<use>, can refer to things inside the <defs>.

Might need to clarify this in the spec.

/ Jonas