Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On Oct 18, 2009, at 22:20, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> For now, there seems to be lazy consensus for doing RDFa (we have a
>> FPWD),
>
> If this is how FPWD is interpreted even within the WG, maybe the idea of
> taking on multiple FPWDs some of which may get abandoned as tombstone
> Notes isn't working out.
>
> At least I thought that when Sam encouraged a plurality of competing
> drafts the idea was to gauge which ones the WG ends up actually 'doing'
> some time after FPWD.

The point I'm trying to make is that this WG made a decision to work on
RDFa, and publish it as FPWD, but, unless I'm missing something, did
*not* do that for Microdata (which was suddenly dropped into the spec,
and which has been controversial since).

BR, Julian