Re: typeof document.all

On Oct 15, 2009, at 5:55 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Brendan Eich wrote:
>>
>> Please open your eyes to this relevant factoid, and take it into
>> account
>> in where you work to specify fully, since you cannot specify
>> everything
>> that might matter fully in any bounded amount of time, and you agree
>> that things like GC cycles are more important and currently
>> underserved..
>
> I've spent far more time specifying GC stuff than document.all.

Ok, but not the cycle issues.

> Actually I
> spent very little time (an afternoon?) specifying document.all to the
> point where I was happy that it was fully specified and compatible
> with
> legacy content. It wasn't that difficult.

I didn't think so, but it's not necessary to overspecify for interop
today. Let's not go in circles: my point is not to optimize only
*your* time, but everyone currently thrashing document.all here, in
public-script-coord, and on es-discuss. We are very far from done with
some "value types" solution in ES-Harmony.

/be