Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

On Oct 19, 2009, at 15:34, Shelley Powers wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
> wrote:
>> On Oct 18, 2009, at 22:20, Julian Reschke wrote:
>>
>>> For now, there seems to be lazy consensus for doing RDFa (we have
>>> a FPWD),
>>
>> If this is how FPWD is interpreted even within the WG, maybe the
>> idea of
>> taking on multiple FPWDs some of which may get abandoned as
>> tombstone Notes
>> isn't working out.
>
> Your response was to Julian, but I want to jump in on this one:
>
> What makes you think that this will be abandoned at some future time?

I don't think it necessarily will. But I thought that when Sam
encouraged competitive drafts, the idea was that FPWD didn't mean that
the WG was committed to 'doing' the subject matter of the draft. That
is, both abandoning and going to REC are options to be gauged later
than FPWD.

Maybe I've misunderstood the point of commitment by consensus and the
chairs can correct me. Or maybe I misunderstood what Julian meant by
'doing' and Julian can correct me.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi