from November 2009 by thread

[Bug 8404] Refocus the figure element back to being a figure (Monday, 30 November)

[Bug 8401] Remove section 4.12 regarding idioms (Monday, 30 November)

Param Doug Schepers (Saturday, 28 November)

[Bug 8379] Remove Section 4.11.1 The Details Element (Wednesday, 25 November)

Another possible compromise re namespaces in HTML Toby Inkster (Wednesday, 25 November)

Change Proposal status and deadlines Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 25 November)

Re: ISSUE 14: aria-role - suggest closing on 2009-11-12 Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 25 November)

[Bug 8368] Remove the Communication Section 8 (Tuesday, 24 November)

[Bug 8365] Remove the Web Browsers Section 6 (Tuesday, 24 November)

Inline figures (<object>) no longer valid Leif Halvard Silli (Tuesday, 24 November)

Possible Compromise solution for namespaces in HTML5 Ennals, Robert (Friday, 20 November)

An alternative approach to simplifying namespace binding Henry S. Thompson (Friday, 20 November)

XMLNS in Inkscape and other editors Leif Halvard Silli (Friday, 20 November)

[minutes] HTML WG call 20091119 Philippe Le Hegaret (Thursday, 19 November)

old unresolved bug: Bug 5821 Shelley Powers (Thursday, 19 November)

change procedure and dated Bugzilla bugs Shelley Powers (Thursday, 19 November)

ISSUE-88: content-language-multiple - Chairs Solicit Proposals Paul Cotton (Thursday, 19 November)

ISSUE-87: attr-normalization - Chairs Solicit Proposals Paul Cotton (Thursday, 19 November)

ISSUE-27: rel-ownership - Chairs Solicit Proposals Paul Cotton (Thursday, 19 November)

ISSUE-10: video-smil - Chairs Solicit Proposals Paul Cotton (Thursday, 19 November)

ISSUE-2: pingui - Chairs Solicit Proposals Paul Cotton (Thursday, 19 November)

ISSUE-1: pingpost - Chairs Solicit Proposals Paul Cotton (Thursday, 19 November)

CHANGE PROPOSAL: Table Summary Cynthia Shelly (Thursday, 19 November)

Re: ACTION-103 Follow up on the about: scheme Registration Julian Reschke (Thursday, 19 November)

[Bug 8331] Move the Canvas 2D context API into a separate spec (Thursday, 19 November)

Web Browser Preferences and Internationalisation/Accessibility Silvia Pfeiffer (Wednesday, 18 November)

Webpage breaks as closing span tag doesn't close object Geoffrey Sneddon (Wednesday, 18 November)

ISSUE-85 ARIA roles and button/links Shelley Powers (Wednesday, 18 November)

{agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports Paul Cotton (Wednesday, 18 November)

Santa Clara F2F session notes Paul Cotton (Tuesday, 17 November)

Last Call for XML Entity Definitions for Characters David Carlisle (Tuesday, 17 November)

Thoughts on @profile Toby Inkster (Tuesday, 17 November)

We now have Atom feeds for all Tracker issues [was: HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion] Michael(tm) Smith (Tuesday, 17 November)

XML namespaces on the Web Anne van Kesteren (Monday, 16 November)

[Bug 8309] semantics of footnotes : why not using <aside> elements as well? (Monday, 16 November)

[Bug 8310] script block's source initialization: please honor the specified charset and type (Monday, 16 November)

"start", "first" and "last" in link relations draft, RDFa and (X)HTML Leif Halvard Silli (Monday, 16 November)

Re: Rel="first" and "index" breaks specs and implementations Alexandre Alapetite (Sunday, 15 November)

Re: <video> and <audio> (was RE: Implementor feedback on new elements in HTML5) Peter Jäderlund (Friday, 13 November)

Setting selectedIndex before adding option with that index Geoffrey Sneddon (Thursday, 12 November)

[Bug 8264] Fix terminology for "resource", "representation", "retrieval" (Thursday, 12 November)

[Bug 8264] Fix terminology for "resource", "representation", "retrieval" (Thursday, 12 November)

Unobtrusive Namespaces, Imaginary Nmespaces Liam Quin (Thursday, 12 November)

Re: Tree construction: Coalescing text nodes Geoffrey Sneddon (Wednesday, 11 November)

[Bug 8241] Named properties on window (Wednesday, 11 November)

[Bug 8252] HTTP caching rules are _ignored_? What the hell? What's wrong with extending Cache-Control to support user-agent caching instead of coming up with an entirely new mechanism? (Wednesday, 11 November)

Re: Change Proposal Template Maciej Stachowiak (Wednesday, 11 November)

ISSUE-83 ACTION-152 Change Proposal for the use of dt/dd in figure and details Shelley Powers (Tuesday, 10 November)

[Bug 8256] [gs] Is form.submit() async or sync? I don't see where this is defined. From my reading it should be sync, as it should just run the steps to completion. (Tuesday, 10 November)

thanks everyone for an excellent f2f meeting at tpac09 Tantek Çelik (Tuesday, 10 November)

X3D comments in Bug 8238. John A. Stewart (Monday, 9 November)

unexpected use of the CORS specification Silvia Pfeiffer (Sunday, 8 November)

[Bug 8235] Given that Gecko and Webkit don't support them in XML, I think that named properties in HTMLDocument objects should be restricted to HTML documents, given that this feature is only included for backward compatibility and is horribly designed. (Sunday, 8 November)

[Bug 8238] Add support for X3D (Sunday, 8 November)

[Bug 8236] 1) why a query is stored in the `search' attribute and a URL fragment is stored in the `fragment' attribute? The naming is a bit confusing. 2) Why the is no restrictions for the `port' attribute: an integer in a range [0-65535]; 3) The getter condition fo (Sunday, 8 November)

HTML Accessibility Task Force: Call for Participation Michael(tm) Smith (Saturday, 7 November)

X3D - a case study in centralized extensibility Sam Ruby (Sunday, 8 November)

[Bug 8224] Mention that it's possible for the Atom section to generate invalid Atom if there's not enough data (e.g. missing authors). (Saturday, 7 November)

[Bug 8225] Make it clear that the Atom generation section is not the only such algorithm (e.g. hAtom is fine too). (Saturday, 7 November)

the MathML comments Shelley Powers (Saturday, 7 November)

RE: ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5. Richard Schwerdtfeger (Friday, 6 November)

[Bug 8220] Remove microdata (Friday, 6 November)

X3D+HTML5 talk presented to HTML5 working group today Don Brutzman (Friday, 6 November)

wondering what happened to Section 13 and X3D reference Don Brutzman (Friday, 6 November)

Caching breakout session at TPAC Nikunj R. Mehta (Friday, 6 November)

[MathML3-last-call] comments from HTML WG Shelley Powers (Friday, 6 November)

[Bug 8210] Add drawFocusRing(x,y,w,h,element) which, if element is focused, draws a system focus ring at x,y,w,h. (Friday, 6 November)

[Bug 8211] HTML 4 defined these as entities &name; where the ";" wasn't part of the entity name, and there wasn't a variation that some names don't have ";". If this is an example of error recovery, valid HTML should require the ;. (Friday, 6 November)

Topics for "Video" Breakout Group Silvia Pfeiffer (Friday, 6 November)

TAG and HTML WG joint meeting discussion topics Paul Cotton (Thursday, 5 November)

[Bug 8207] Change definition of URL to normative reference to IRIBIS (Thursday, 5 November)

TPAC Meeting Minutes (was Re: those who attended the decentralized extensibility meetings at TPAC) Laura Carlson (Thursday, 5 November)

those who attended the decentralized extensibility meetings at TPAC Shelley Powers (Thursday, 5 November)

HTML CHANGE PROPOSAL; change definition of URL to normative reference to IRIBIS Larry Masinter (Thursday, 5 November)

Start of Thursday F2F may be a bit later than anticipated Maciej Stachowiak (Thursday, 5 November)

request for comments HTML WG comments to MathML WG Shelley Powers (Thursday, 5 November)

Re: what's the language of a document ? M.T. Carrasco Benitez (Wednesday, 4 November)

Namespace-aware APIs do not need to suck Julian Reschke (Wednesday, 4 November)

[Bug 8171] Implement the text alternatives proposal from WAI (Wednesday, 4 November)

[Bug 8187] Section 4.8.7 on video makes no reference to audio description (Wednesday, 4 November)

[Bug 8188] Has any thought been put into changing "Fetching an external script must delay the load event..." for async scripts? It seems reasonable to at least provide a way for scripts to not block window.onload. (Wednesday, 4 November)

RE: ACTION-127: establish process for "official WG response" to other WG's RFC on LC drafts Paul Cotton (Wednesday, 4 November)

Automatic XML namespaces Sam Ruby (Wednesday, 4 November)

ISSUE-55: Re-enable @profile in HTML5 (draft 2) Manu Sporny (Wednesday, 4 November)

HTML5/IRI: "resolve a URL" Julian Reschke (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 7539] Since @summary is an official part of the table element, it is no longer obsolete. Suffienct warning language exists in it's definition that this entry should be removed (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 8000] ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5 (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 7633] The use of @summary should be encouraged when circumstances warrant (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 7721] Drag and Drop is not keyboard accessible (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 7011] [in off-bug discussion] canvas accessible fallback provision is under specified (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 5758] insufficient accessibility fallback for <audio> or <video> (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 7721] Drag and Drop is not keyboard accessible (Tuesday, 3 November)

Color correction in video, check Dave Singer (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 8154] Make it clear that serving polyglot documents as text/html is OK (Tuesday, 3 November)

[Bug 8152] Consider removing the <progress> and <meter> fallback magic (Tuesday, 3 November)

Re: Short-term workarounds - - <source> in <video> Joe D Williams (Monday, 2 November)

[Bug 8095] link's "type" attribute could be used to advertise available representations if it were linked to the Accept: header per Mike Kelly's thread(s) (Monday, 2 November)

[Bug 8096] <link>'s "type" attribute should be allowed to appear multiple times and/or should allow for a space separated list of advertised types, such that clients can request them via the Accept: header. (Monday, 2 November)

[Bug 8097] Link relation types should use the IANA registry per draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Monday, 2 November)

[Bug 8099] Update 9.5 (Parsing HTML Fragments) for "script data" tokenizer state (Monday, 2 November)

[Bug 8143] [gsnedders] Need to add EOF here, as <xmp>foo</xmp behaviour changed when removing content model flags (also to similar RCDATA state). (Monday, 2 November)

[Bug 8147] The suggested size limit is absurd considering the multi-GB space available on even the cheapest netbooks these days. We need a clear "I want this much, how much did the user and his agent allow me to have?" API. Otherwise, online media apps like photo al (Monday, 2 November)

Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal Leif Halvard Silli (Monday, 2 November)

ISSUE-30 (Longdesc): WebAIM 2009 survey Steve Axthelm (Monday, 2 November)

Fwd: XHTML character entity support Simon Pieters (Monday, 2 November)

Re: request agenda time to present X3D summary at HTML5 TPAC meeting Henri Sivonen (Monday, 2 November)

HTML5 Accessibility Wiki page Laura Carlson (Monday, 2 November)

[Minutes] Accessibility of Media Elements in HTML5 Gathering Laura Carlson (Monday, 2 November)

[Bug 8144] Is a 'visibility: hidden' element being rendered? (Sunday, 1 November)

Re: CfC: Adopt Proposed Decision Policy Shelley Powers (Sunday, 1 November)

RE: discussion of IRI during W3C TPAC: TImes Larry Masinter (Sunday, 1 November)

RE: what's the language of a document ? Tex Texin (Sunday, 1 November)

Re: XHTML character entity support Boris Zbarsky (Sunday, 1 November)

Last message date: Monday, 30 November 2009 17:53:41 UTC