Re: ISSUE-83 ACTION-152 Change Proposal for the use of dt/dd in figure and details

From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:09:51 -0600
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm also hoping that if members of the group have questions, as James
>> did, they also address them in an email to this group. Otherwise I, or
>> others, can't respond to their concerns or questions.
>
> I don't have any specific questions; the proposal seems clear.  I'll
> state on record, though, that I'm okay with the status quo.  (Second
> choice is minting a new element, but I don't see enough need to go
> there yet.)
>
> ~TJ

Thanks on remark about the proposal being clear. I realize that I
didn't go through the entire document, replacing the dt/dd bits with
the new element. If someone wants this level of detail, I hope they'll
make the request. I'll be happy to make further edits. Otherwise, I'm
assuming the editor has enough information from the change proposal to
understand what needs to be done.

As for status quo, I would suggest then that you, or perhaps James, or
someone else who prefers the status quo, create a proposal for keeping
the status quo. In it, whoever prepares the document can address the
reasons why the problems I, and others before me, have listed are not
really a problem, or documenting how they can be addressed.

Shelley