Re: XHTML character entity support

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:31:02 -0500
To: James Graham <jgraham@opera.com>
Cc: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
James Graham scripsit:

> The alternative I was alluding to is serving HTML rather than XML, thus
> neatly avoiding the whole issue.

Remember that what I'm arguing against is the need for a general-purpose
XML with forgiving parsing (aka "XML5", though "SGML" would be a better
name), and why draconian parsing isn't a problem for general-purpose XML.
I'm not opposed to a forgiving language for displaying documents in browsers,
or I wouldn't be here at all.

--
John Cowan  http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan@ccil.org
All "isms" should be "wasms".   --Abbie