Re: Web Browser Preferences and Internationalisation/Accessibility

From: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:59:37 +0100
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: <public-html@w3.org>
>> Maybe then the discussion has to move to the WHATWG.
>>
>> I was indeed uncertain if this was the correct forum.
>
> Discussing at WHATWG is fine, but, as I said in my reply to Shelley,
> public-html is an appropriate forum for this discussion.
It would indeed be inappropriate to quash this discussion even though it's tangential to this group's chartered work. Moving to WHATWG is undesirable, IMO. I'm in favour of continuing here if the participants feel like it. But no longer than until some spec text of more general applicability than just HTML is drafted, as the problem at hand isn't particularly related to this markup language. Fortunately, more appropriate groups with expertise in i18n and a11y exist at W3C. That's where I see it moved eventually.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Maczyński