Re: Web Browser Preferences and Internationalisation/Accessibility

On Nov 19, 2009, at 5:59 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

>> BTW: a whole discussion about the necessary OS/browser preferences
>> for
>> accessibility will need to be had and I assume it will likely be had
>> in the accessibility task force.
>>
>> I raised it here since it's not just an accessibility but also an
>> internationalisation issue.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Silvia.
>>

> This does sound like a necessary and worthwhile discussion.
>
> However, I'm not sure this is the right place to have this discussion.
> Or if the accessibility task force is either, since it's purpose is to
> look at accessibility issues related to HTML/XHTML and the DOM, not
> browser behavior.

[...]

> But mine is only an opinion. Perhaps the chairs can answer whether
> this issue fits within the charter for this group.

The "navigator" object is currently specified by HTML5, therefore
public-html is the right place for Silvia's discussion at present. If
the Working Group decides to split it into a separate HTML WG spec,
then this will still be the right place. If the Working Group splits
into a separate spec and hands it off to some other Working Group,
then discussion can move to that venue.

Regards,
Maciej