Re: [MathML3-last-call] comments from HTML WG

On 06/11/2009, at 7:18 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Following are some general comments about the MathML 3.0 draft from
> the HTML WG, particularly as the MathML specification relates to
> current effort with HTML5.  First, though, we wish to extend to the
> Math WG congratulations for reaching this important milestone.
Dear Shelley,

Thank you, and the HTML WG, for all the effort that you have put into
responding to our call for comments on what is not a small spec.
It is very important to us that MathML can operate well with HTML5.

The Math WG will respond formally with suggested dispositions in short
course. But though you have very usefully pointed out some things
that we'll correct, it seems happily that there will be nothing that
we cannot adjust to our mutual WG satisfaction.  I look forward to our
having done that.  I expect to be able to make some explanatory
remarks at the HTML WG session this afternoon here in Santa Clara.

We continue wish the HTML5 effort success in your own very large task.

All the best

       Patrick Ion
       Co-chair Math WG