Re: the MathML comments

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would say this is the proper venue to state that before asking for
> volunteers to review other specifications for the group, the group
> formalize a procedure. One that can also adapt to immediate deadlines,
> and disinterested WG members.

Is it important that we provide feedback to other groups that have
some sort of "Official HTML WG feedback" stamp? Or is it enough that
anyone can send feedback as a HTML WG member?

I'll note that mozilla has no such thing as a "official mozilla
position" on matters of standard. (I made the mistake once of assuming
that there was concensus within even the Mozilla Corporation on a spec
issue, but quickly found out that there were people of dissenting
opinion).

I think the procedure that you followed in gathering feedback for the
MathML WG was excellent. And as long as it wasn't claimed that it was
the WGs official position but rather feedback from a group of WG
members then I can only wish the same procedure is followed in the
future as to allow similarly high quality feedback.

/ Jonas