Re: XML namespaces on the Web - proposal restated

From: Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:12:24 -0500
To: Krzysztof Maczy??ski <1981km@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, public-html@w3.org
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:39:22PM +0100, Krzysztof Maczy??ski wrote:
> Also a question to Liam: would dropping
> the desire not to have explicit namespace syntax in definition documents
> corroborate the alternative idea of using DSRL or a simplified profile of it
> (TBD in such case)?

Yes - another alternative would be if DSRL (a draft ISO spec)
could be made to work without namespace syntax in the most
common cases.  My blog entry on barefootliam.org came across
more strongly than I'd intended against DSRL.

I'd still want to see patent grants and the final spec would need to
be available free of charge.

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/