Re: Possible Compromise solution for namespaces in HTML5

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:06:21 -0500
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
CC: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Ennals, Robert" <robert.ennals@intel.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>, "Carr, Wayne" <wayne.carr@intel.com>, "Tran, Dzung D" <dzung.d.tran@intel.com>
Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

> I just wondered if Maciej or anyone that have looked at that suggestion
> had any idea about what would happen if the <body> element was given a
> namespace.

I took the page, modified it only to wrap the inline scripts as CDATA,
and make the results available here, served as application/xhtml+xml:

http://intertwingly.net/stories/2009/11/21/chromium.html

Try it in your favorite browser.

- Sam Ruby