Re: ARIA roles added to the a element should be conforming in HTML5.

Smylers On 09-11-09 21.11:

> Lars Gunther writes:
>
>> 2009-11-08 03:41, Jonas Sicking skrev:
>>
>>> The harm that I see is loosing the ability to have a clear message
>>> for what the right way to do things is.
>> This was my fear as well when I tried to suggest a middle ground for
>> this issue. Since it was a awhile I'll repeat myself.
>>
>> <a role="button"> should be forbidden when hard-coded onto the page
>> for  these reasons:
>>
>> 1. It is sloppy markup. Conformant HTML should be the best possible.
>>
>> 2. It is possibly confusing if JavaScript is turned off, since it will
>> not act as a button in that case.
>
> What if it has CSS which makes it look like a button (even without
> JavaScript)?

First I thought: Stupid question. How it looks should not matter.
However, if it is made to look like that because it function like
a button, together with AJAX, then perhaps how it looks does matter.
--
lh