Re: HTML CHANGE PROPOSAL; change definition of URL to normative reference to IRIBIS

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:37:25 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> I'd appreciate it if HTML Working Group members could study the
> differences (if any) in normative requirements between this text and
> the current draft-duerst-iri-bis vs. the old text plus Web Address, so
> we can determine whether we need to propose changes to IRIbis. (One
> small one I spotted while skimming: Under the new text, any IRI would
> count as a "valid URL", even ones that use non-ASCII characters in the
> query portion and thus would be processed differently under Web
> Address processing than vanilla IRI processing; while with the old
> text these would not be valid.).

It seems to introduce new terms as well that are then not used elsewhere,
e.g. valid absolute URL. The history section is better placed in the URL
specifications I think.

"resolve a URL" was renamed to "resolve". Not sure if that's a good idea.
The way "document base URL" was defined is reworded. It seems the new step
4 is identical to the old steps 4-6 though.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/