Re: Web Browser Preferences and Internationalisation/Accessibility

No, on the contrary.

We need to provide a declarative way of attaching and displaying
captions by default.

However, just like the controls of the video element can be turned off
and custom styling can be created, we need to enable Web authors to do
the same with captions. There are needs to display captions in a
different way than the default. And for those needs, we need to
provide all the necessary interfaces to enable that.

Cheers,
Silvia.