Re: ISSUE-55: Re-enable @profile in HTML5 (draft 2)

Leif wrote:
> What do you mean by "scoping"? Is the fact that HTML 4 defines
> that the first URI of the @profile attribute is the "significant"
> one an example of scoping?

Maybe.

I was thinking of cases where a profile only applies to part of a document, which could easily happen with syndication.

A change to link/@rel=profile would need to define a similar thing then.

> I would like to suggest that @profile is kept fully valid and that
> it is said to contain the significant profile. The significant
> profile may (re)define/require additional profiles (see below) as
> part of its own profile. Thus, if you want to mark the document as
> "my kind of html", then you should use @profile.

I personally think it should be fully conforming, too (with the proposed errata).

The current proposal is a compromise.

BR, Julian
--
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL Komplettpakete von GMX schon für
16,99 Euro mtl.!* Hier klicken: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02