From: public-html-request@w3.org [mailto:public-html-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Dave Singer
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 12:09 PM
To: HTML WG
Cc: Daniel Glazman
Subject: Color correction in video, check

In a CSS working group discussion today, we discussed color correction
as it applies to colors in CSS and untagged images.  The question came
up as to how untagged video should be treated.  We'd like to say that
it is treated as being sRGB (consistently), as this generally matches
709 colors.  The question is, is this OK?

Consistent treatment means that if it's wrong, the author will notice,
whereas if we leave it to 'platform color' (i.e. uncorrected), it may
look 'right' on the author's platform but wrong elsewhere.

David Singer
Multimedia and Software Standard, Apple Inc.