RE: Agenda 2012-09-04


Yes, I believe I will be available.



-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Pemberton []
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:00 PM
Subject: Agenda 2012-09-04

Happy new year!

Are there enough of us around to have a call tomorrow?

Here in any case is a draft agenda. Please send regrets if you can't


Chair: Steven Pemberton
Start Time: 11:00am Eastern US (15:00Z, but back to 16:00Z during US
Standard Time)
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 93676 ("XFORM")
Duration: 60 minutes

Previous Minutes:

Previous Resolutions:

Action Items:

Recent minute takers were: Philip, John, John, Steven, Erik, Nick, John,


Email lists:


* Minute taker

Topic: FPWDs published and

Topic: [xml-dev] XForms {Schemas}

Topic: Comment on description xf:dispatch in XForms 1.1

Topic: XForms and CSS

Topic: Applying a stylesheet in an instance to data in an instance

Topic: Recursive dispatch of actions

Topic: IndiUI TF

Topic: repeat index change

Topic: function, variable and reserved namespaces

Topic: XSLTForms subform mechanism

Topic: Subform inclusions

Topic: ID resolution/clashes

Topic: Binding to text nodes

(Did we complete this?)


- XForms Basic 1.0
Needs to be published as note.  Any changes needed to patent policy?

- Fix our shortname issue

XForms Users Community Group

* Chair: Leigh?

- Move XHTML+XForms to Community Group

- Implementation list moved to Community group

- Community Group Mail
- public-xformsusers
- public-xformsusers-contrib
- internal-xformsusers

- Community Group Goals

News and XForms Implementations

W3C Document Reviews

XForms Implementor Questions

+ Reducing the amount of XForms markup by using more attributes instead of
nested elements

ACTION-1873 Steven Pemberton to analyze elements where @label @help @hint
@alert and child text content for static value.

XForms Author Questions

- Submission namespace inclusion should recognize QName data nodes

Needs owner

- Repeats and web service submissions don't work well together

Needs owner

- C. M. Sperberg-McQueen observation on tabbed interfaces, focus, etc

Discussed 2011-04-27 but
still need someone to dis-entangle the issues and see what's 1.1/2.0/3.0

+ Move selected items from one select drop down to another one

Is this done?

+ XForms initialization use case

XForms 1.1 Issues
- Improving the XForms 1.1 test suite

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 XSD Schemas

Owen Newnan has handed off his work
Philip Fennel (was Leigh Klotz) to pick up

Advancing XForms for HTML / XForms for XHTML

+ XHTML + XForms Validator

- XHTML + XForms
- Leigh has action to write goals document from Cambridge F2F minutes
-- Goals
-- Assertions
-- Examples
-- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA

+ XHTML + XForms Schema Update

Needs directory created (2010?)
Needs Leigh's updates for RNC schema agreement with errata
C.M. Sperberg McQueen asks that consider taking out the IDRefs

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 RelaxNG Schemas
Possibly need to produce a strict schema (maximal restriction of known
interoperable usage) and a lax schema (for extensions).  Vendors will
customize the strict schema to show what their implementations support,
but not customize the lax schema.

- Update TheMatrix

XForms 2.0

* Nick has some concerns about the "mutable" option for nodes created with
the element()/attribute() functions.

* XPath 2.0: on bindings to atomic values and the result of the
element()/attribute() functions

* XForms 2.0 Transform Module

+ Variables in XForms (Review Spec)

Awaiting ACTION-1868: Erik Bruchez to summarize problems with error
handling and three options for variable type handling.
Awaiting ACTION-1869: Van den Bleeken to add note asking for
implementation experience for variables in model.

+ Review load/@show='embed'; submission replace='embed'

Awaiting ACTION-1872 from Leigh Klotz

+ Custom event context

Awaiting ACTION-1875

* Added optional id parameter to the context function

+ JSON Instances

Most recent messages:

Need to get wiki write up started.

+ transform function module

and new

+ Schematron validation (via transform)

+ label/@xml:lang, label/@model
Discuss these remaining parts of Kurt Cagle's label/@for proposal.

+ Constraint-based alerts and MIP name, type, etc.

+ Note 2 on XForms 1.1 computational dependency definition. Short-circuting

are we done with this (ask John Boyer)

+ node creation functions

* XForms 2.0 and XPath 2.0

+ Text Annotations

Status report from Dan McCreary

+ Tree Controls

Status report from Dan McCreary

- Eventable and Presented

Are we dropping this?

+ base64 encoding for HTTP Basic Authentication - a gap in the XForms
function library? (RFE)

Updated info:

+ eBMS Submission

- Making XForms 2.0 more RESTful: submission URI Templates and matrix URIs

+ Dealing with HTTP response entities when response code is not 200 series

+ XSLT Action Proposal from Claudius Teodorescu
Old thread:

New action, now includes XProc

* node creation function use cases

John asks for node creation function use cases.

* Bidirectional value conversion

* Error Handling

+ Improved UI Events


+ model/@src use cases

Are we dropping this in favor of subforms?

- Submit and Trigger Availability during (multiple) submissions

- The case for multiple XForms labels in a control

+ XML Events: proposal to extend filtering on the event phase

- Better upload facilities
-- Instant upload submission to server

-- Easier handling of multiple uploads
-- Easier extraction of an upload back to the end-user context
-- Easier request to display an upload
-- Better control of metadata associated with upload data

-- multiple upload control?
-- download?

+ Access Control / Cross-site requests ; Uniform Messaging Policy, Level

Needs owner

XForms 3.0

- XQuery+XForms


- For more, see:


IRC web client:

(Stuck?  See )

[[Magic for irc channel:

trackbot, start telecon

%% Formerly the following:
%%    /invite zakim
%%    /invite rrsagent
%%    zakim, this will be forms
%%    rrsagent, make log public
%%    Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference

Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
ACTION: <someone> to <something>

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back


Received on Tuesday, 4 September 2012 16:01:16 UTC