Agenda for 2011-01-11

Chair: Leigh Klotz
Start Time: 11:00am Eastern US (16:00Z, but back to 15:00Z during US DST)
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 93676 ("XFORM")
Duration: 60 minutes

Previous Minutes:

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Kenneth, Steven, Uli, Nick, John, Erik

Action Items and Tracker

* = be ready to discuss
+ = discuss time permitting

XForms Basic 1.0, 1.1

Administrative Issues

* Action Items and Tracker

- Fix our shortname issue

- HTML/XHTML Compatibility Authoring Guidelines to FPWG
Leigh to review for group comment?

XForms Implementor Questions

Form Author Questions

XForms 1.1 Issues

* select1 and empty items proposed erratum
Previous Discussion:

* XForms 1.1 load erratum Awaiting move to XForms 1.1 wikispec erratum

* XForms 1.1 typo Awaiting move to XForms 1.1 wikispec erratum
Awaiting move to XForms 1.1 wikispec erratum

- Improving the XForms 1.1 test suite

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 XSD Schemas
Owen Newnan has handed off his work
Philip Fennel (was Leigh Klotz) to pick up

Advancing XForms for HTML / XForms for XHTML

+ XHTML + XForms Validator

- XHTML + XForms
- Leigh has action to write goals document from Cambridge F2F minutes
-- Goals
-- Assertions
-- Examples
-- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA

+ XHTML + XForms Schema Update
Needs directory created (2010?)
Needs Leigh's updates for RNC schema agreement with errata

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 RelaxNG Schemas
Current status is that Philip Fennell is using NVDL to integrate
Changes requested by Erik Bruchez not yet reviewed.
Possibly need to produce a strict schema (maximal restriction of known 
interoperable usage) and a lax schema (for extensions).  Vendors will 
customize the strict schema to show what their implementations support, 
but not customize the lax schema.

- Update TheMatrix

XForms 1.2

* XPath 2.0
Quick review -- any input for Nick's upcoming review?

+ XQuery and/in XForms

- JavaScript XQuery library
Kurt Cagle indicated he has some thoughts.
- Comparison of XQIB and XForms

+ node creation functions

+ Eventable and Presented
What is the status?

+ XForms 1.2 Category
Pick of the items below (or in the category) and discuss for n minutes.

+ base64 encoding for HTTP Basic Authentication - a gap in the XForms 
function library? (RFE)
Updated info:

+ XForms 1.2 regex and REPLACE functions

+ eBMS Submission

+  C. M. Sperberg-McQueen observation on tabbed interfaces, focus, etc
Need someone to dis-entangle the issues and see what's 1.1/1.2/2.0

- Making XForms 1.2 more RESTful: submission URI Templates and matrix URIs

- Dealing with HTTP response entities when response code is not 200 series

+ XSLT Action Proposal from Claudius Teodorescu
Old thread:
New action, now includes XProc

+ @iterate
Continue discussing from last month weeks ago

+ Improved UI Events

+ model/@src use cases
Awaiting proposals (XBL2 profile, XI, others) from Leigh, Erik, John, Steven

+ XForms initialization use case

- Submit and Trigger Availability during (multiple) submissions

- The case for multiple XForms labels in a control

+ XML Events: proposal to extend filtering on the event phase

+ JSON Serialization / Badgerfish
Awaiting XML Prague publication of paper by Alain Couthures:

- Better upload facilities
-- Instant upload submission to server
-- Easier handling of multiple uploads
-- Easier extraction of an upload back to the end-user context
-- Easier request to display an upload
-- Better control of metadata associated with upload data
-- multiple upload control?
-- download?

+ Access Control / Cross-site requests ; Uniform Messaging Policy, Level One
Is John Boyer willing to take this on?

- Submission namespace inclusion should recognize QName data nodes
Needs owner

- Repeats and web service submissions don't work well together
Needs owner

XForms 2.0

* W3C HTML/XML Task Force
Report from Alain Couthures or Kurt Cagle?

For more, see:


IRC web client:
(Stuck?  See )

[[Magic for irc channel:

trackbot, start telecon
%% Formerly the following:
%%    /invite zakim
%%    /invite rrsagent
%%    zakim, this will be forms
%%    rrsagent, make log public
%%    Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference

Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
ACTION: <someone> to <something>

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back


Received on Wednesday, 12 January 2011 06:43:31 UTC