W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > March 2007

RE: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 31 - 2007-03-07

From: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:16:07 -0800
Message-ID: <E16EB59B8AEDF445B644617E3C1B3C9C03527F52@repbex01.amer.bea.com>
To: "Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, <public-ws-policy@w3.org>

I will be on for only part of the meeting as I have a conflict with another meeting.

Cheers,
Dave 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org 
> [mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Paul Cotton
> Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:49 PM
> To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
> Subject: Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 31 - 2007-03-07 
> 
> 
> Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 31 - 2007-03-07
> 
> The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is 
> documented on the WG's administrative home page:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
> 
> Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as 
> documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please 
> register with Zakim:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
> 
> 1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
> 
> a) Scribe List:
> 
> Abbie Barbir (scribe for 2007-03-07)
> Dimitar Angelov
> Sanjiva Weerawarana
> Ruchith Fernando
> Jeffrey Crump
> Tom Jordahl
> Vladislav Bezrukov
> ----------------------
> Jeff Mischkinsky
> Sanka Samaranayake
> Yakov Sverdlov
> Ümit Yalçinalp
> Asir Vedamuthu
> Maryann Hondo
> Dale Moberg
> Chris Ferris
> Mark Little
> Monica Martin
> Glen Daniels
> William Henry
> Toufic Boubez
> Frederick Hirsch
> Felix Sasaki
> Prasad Yendluri
> Anthony Nadalin
> Daniel Roth
> Fabian Ritzmann
> Sergey Beryozkin
> Charlton Barreto
> David Orchard
> Ashok Malhotra
> 
> b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
> Member only:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
> 
> 2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair
> 
> a) Review and approval of 2007-02-28 minutes Draft minutes:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0179.html
> 
> 3. Future WG meetings, Chair
> 
> a) Next meeting is Sunnyvale, Ca F2F Mar 13-15 - Chair will 
> alternate between Chris and Paul 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
> 
> b) Future meetings
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
> Reminder: March 21 telcon is cancelled to allow members to 
> recover from F2F
> 
> c) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
> 
> d) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona 
> http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
> 
> 4. Editorial team report
> Current Editors drafts:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
> 
> 5. Review action items, Chair
> Open action items:
> Member only:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
> 
> ACTION-227 Chris Ferris to add issues for attachments, 
> guidelines and primer related to the changed qname of the 
> ws-addressing metadata assertion
> 
> ACTION-232 Chris and Paul to open dialog with WS-A and WS-RX 
> TC chairs to find a way forward to address the problems 
> between the three groups
> 
> ACTION-234 Asir to provide format for recording interop results
> 
> ACTION-236 Chris Ferris to add agenda item related to interop 
> preparation/set-up DONE (see below)
> 
> ACTION-237 Felix to update public home page with interop scenario link
> 
> ACTION-238 Paul and Chris to discuss how to collect and 
> maintain interop results (e.g. who does this)
> 
> ACTION-239 Asir to work on xml:id, refactoring wsu:id test 
> cases and update scenarios accordingly DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0032.html
> 
> ACTION-240 Ashok to provide feature 22 (wsdl2.0) test cases 
> using wsdl2.0 documents in the round 3 scenarios DONE. See:
> Testcases for External Attachment WSDL 1.1 and 2.0, Ashok 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html
> 
> ACTION-241 Chris Ferris to prepare test cases for feature 43 
> - Negative testing
> 
> ACTION-242 Ashok to provide expected outcome docs for Feature 
> 23 test cases
> 
> ACTION-243 Asir to produce a list of change areas in the 
> framework and attachments primer and guidelines specs related 
> to a change in the reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec 
> to reference the latest available published committee draft
> 
> 6. Adoption of new CR test cases
> 
> a) Test cases for xml:id, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4301
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0010.html
> See dialogue in:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0041.html
> 
> ACTION-239 Asir to work on xml:id, refactoring wsu:id test 
> cases and update scenarios accordingly DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0032.html
> 
> b) Feature 43, negative test cases, Chris
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/241
> 
> c) Feature 22 test cases, Ashok
> 
> ACTION-240 Ashok to provide feature 22 (wsdl2.0) test cases 
> using wsdl2.0 documents in the round 3 scenarios DONE. See:
> Testcases for External Attachment WSDL 1.1 and 2.0, Ashok 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0020.html
> 
> d) Feature 23, Ashok
> ACTION-242 Ashok to provide expected outcome docs for Feature 
> 23 test cases
> 
> e) test suite issue 4370: Round 2 WSDL 1.1 input file 
> contains invalid references 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0030.html
> Asir response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0031.html
> 
> f) WS-Policy Features and Interop Scenarios - Round 4, Prasad 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0002.html
> 
> 7. Issues requiring proposals for F2F meeting, Paul C
> 
> a) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include 
> discussion of ignorable, Frederick 
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html
> 
> b) Issue 4213: Use of empty policy for nesting should be 
> exemplified 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html
> 
> c) Issue 4262: Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262
> See Monica's recent email:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0061.html
> 
> d) Issue 4300 - Misue of best practises in primer, Umit 
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4300
> 
> 8. Liaison items
> 
> a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 
> 1.0 - Metadata specification Email to WS-A WG:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html
> 
> Consolidated list of Alternatives A thru D to resolved WS 
> ADDR LC comment 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0027.html
> Note: I am not proposing we discuss this at this meeting.  
> This is being processed by the WS-Addressing WG.
> 
> 9. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
> 
> a) Announcement
> http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item33
> 
> b) Drafts
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-ws-policy-20070228
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-ws-policy-attach-20070228/
> 
> c) Published endpoints available:
> Microsoft:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0171.html
> IBM:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0172.html
> 
> d) Discussion of interop infrastructure and setup requirements
> Note: WSO2 has indicated a need to participate remotely
> 
> e) ACTION-234 Asir to provide format for recording interop results
> 
> 10. WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers
> Status: No one volunteered at the Feb 21 meeting to lead an 
> email discussion of these comments.  Therefore the WG will 
> have to discuss these in a distributed meeting.
> 
> a) Issue 4331: WSDL WG comment 1
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0092.html
> 
> b) Issue 4332: WSDL WG comment 2
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0093.html
> Recent thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0157.html
> 
> 11. CR interop scenarios and testing
> Note: Please use bugzilla for test case issues, including 
> proposals for missing test cases.
> 
> a) WS-Policy Features and Interop Scenarios, Asir 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html
> 
> b) Updated interop scenarios document, Editors 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html
> 
> c) Editor's questions about interop scenarios 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0037.html
> See also Issue 4311:
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4311
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0035.html
> 
> d) Other interop scenario discussion items
> 
> 12. CR issues
> None
> 
> 13. Primer issues
> 
> a) Issue 4103 - Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, 
> Chris Ferris
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
> See thread ending at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
> Status: Asir has action 183
> 
> ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" 
> name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10 See email from Chris Ferris:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0033.html
> 
> b) Issue 4339 - Update references to interoperability in 
> Ignorable Policy Expressions
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4339
> 
> c) Issue 4263 - Add text to ignorable discussion on passing 
> ignorable Updated proposal from Monica:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0013.html
> Email discussion:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0011.html
> Recent thread: 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0165.html
> 
> d) Issue 4253 - [Primer] Basic Concepts section on Policy 
> does not explain usage reasonably
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4253
> 
> ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 
> 4253 DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0078.html
> 
> e) Issue 4255 - Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255
> 
> ACTION-201 William Henry to a concrete proposal for 4255 and 
> 4253 DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0076.html
> 
> f) Issue 4288 - Primer: Absence of Policy Assertions 
> (editorial), Monica 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0214.html
> ACTION-217  Maryann and Monica to amend issue 4288
> DONE:
> Proposal from Monica:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0014.html
> Recent thread: 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0151.html
> 
> 14. Guidelines issues, Part 1
> 
> a) ISSUE 4035: [Guidelines] Section 2 should account for 
> interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and 
> ignorable property
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
> recent thread: 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0169.html
> 
> 15. Guidelines issues, Part 2
> 
> a) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html
> 
> b) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for 
> interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and 
> ignorable property
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html
> 
> c) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
> Fabian's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html
> 
> d) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on 
> referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html
> Recent thread: 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0167.html
> 
> ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into 
> consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html
> 
> e) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html
> 
> f) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
> See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html
> 
> g) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy 
> attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
> Maryann's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html
> 
> h) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
> Maryann's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
> Asir:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
> Umit:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
> 
> i) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an 
> assertion., Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
> Email discussion thread:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
> 
> j) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or 
> text issues, Dan
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
> 
> k) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring 
> Styles' to policy assertion design?, Asir
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html
> Proposal from Umit:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0000.html
> 
> l) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth 
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html
> 
> m) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent 
> of attachment mechanism
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html
> ACTION-218 Umit and Maryann to provide text for subject 
> attachment Extensibility in guidelines DONE.  See:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0057.html
> 
> n) ACTION-192 Maryann give proposal for changes resulting 
> from 4142         2007-01-23
> DONE
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0003.html
> 
> o) ISSUE 4319: [Guidelines] (Editorial) WS-RMP reference 
> should be consistent with other references
> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4319
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0059.html
> 
> 
> 
> Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
> 17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
> Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
> mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Tuesday, 6 March 2007 23:16:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:48 GMT