W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > July 2004

[final] Agenda, 22 July 2004 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 22:28:56 -0700
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA20451B8C9@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jul/0024.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is one of:
      Adi Sakala, Umit Yalcinalp, Igor Sedukhin, Dale Moberg, 
      David Orchard, Jerry Thrasher, Allen Brookes, Bijan Parsia,
      David Booth, Asir Vedamuthu

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - July 8 [.1]  MarkN OK? 
  - July 15 [.2] DBooth's correction [.3]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0109.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0258.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0267.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2004-04-01: Marsh will get schema tf going.
?ED       2004-05-19: Editors to include in the primer an example 
                      that uses MTOM.  (Issue 72) 
DONE      2004-05-20: Editors to incorporate Hugo's full potato 
                      proposal.  (Issue 54)
?ED       2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                      include discussion of how to generate an 
                      accepts header from schema annotations 
                      conformant to the media types extension 
                      document, and to use outputSerialization 
                      based on that information.  
?ED       2004-05-21: Editors to add ednotes to the spec to 
                      indicate areas that had contention.  (Issue 
                      190)
?ED       2004-05-27: Editors to add http:faultSerialization 
                      attribute.
?ED       2004-06-17: Editors to incorporate David Booth's clarification
                      in section 8.3 about what required means on MTOM
                      feature.
DONE      2004-07-01: Editors to add cross-references for component
                      properties, per DBooth's example.
DONE [.5] 2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 235, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
DONE [.6] 2004-07-08: Editors to deal with issue 226, come back to 
                      the WG with issues if any.
?ED       2004-07-08: Editors to implement resolution to 177 as 
                      amended.
  (Some Part 1? component may remain.)
?         2004-07-08: Glen to verifiy composition model.
?ED       2004-07-15: People who want to file a minority opinion 
                  should do so by July 22.
DONE      2004-07-15: Editors to change styles from list to set.
DONE      2004-07-15: Editors to make message label property 
                      required and make sure it always has a value.
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to implement item 4 and 5 from 
                      Roberto's proposal.
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to incorporate Operation Name proposal v3
DONE [.2] 2004-07-15: DBooth to send email to Mark Baker about issue 168
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to implement
                      /www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0047.html (Issue 211)
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to implement
                      /www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0011.html (Issue 236)
DONE [.4] 2004-07-15: Hugo to clarify the second part of the proposal
                      (readibility)
DONE [.3] 2004-07-15: Paul to research the fault decisions we've taken
DONE      2004-07-15: Editors to implement
                      /www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0011.html 
                      except for faults and SOAP binding readability
                      problem. (Issue 237)
?ED       2004-07-15: Roberto to check if feature and property placement
                      in the infoset representation prose is consistent 
                      with the schema.
DONE      2004-07-15: Editor to include DaveO's wording:
                      /www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0073.html (Issue 240)
?ED       2004-07-15: Editors to indicate error for AD HTTP binding in 
                      case of conflict. (Issue 241).

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0280.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0257.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0263.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0253.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0287.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. - August 2-4 (London)
       Logistics [.1], registration [.2].
     - September 14-16 (Toronto) [.3]
     - November (West Coast) 9-11 webMethods Sunnyvale, CA.
  b. XMLP WG response to our comments [.5, .6, .7]
     - Response to XMLP response to our comment [.8]
       DBooth to take AI? ;-)

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/04-08-f2f.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Mar/0064.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004May/0000.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2004Jul/0008.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0036.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0006.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0272.html 
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0239.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Media type description
  - 1st Working Draft Published [.1]
 b. MTOM/XOP
  - Last Call Published [.2]
 c. QA & Testing
  - Suggested QA plan [.3]
  - More details from Arthur [.4]
  - Interop bake-off
 d. Schema versioning
  - Waiting to hear back from Schema on my draft "charter."
  - Henry's validate-twice write-up [.5]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-media-types-20040608/
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0052.html
[.3]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/att-0029/QA_Oper
ational_Checklist.htm
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0037.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Apr/0019.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Issues list [.1].
  - Issue 243: Component reference vs. QName (Asir) [.2]
  - Issue 244: Decouple SOAP Version from SOAP Binding? (Asir) [.3]
      Recommend assigning this to the SOAP binding, design of which may
      then move this back to Part 3 as a LC issue.
  - Issue 245: Define expectedMediaTypeItem to be RFC 2616 Accepts 
    header (Hugo) [.4]
      Assign to Media Type Description Note.
  - Issue 246: HTTP binding and interface operation MEP (Hugo) [.5]
  - Issue 247: Which came first, the function or the binding? (Amy) [.6]
  - Issue 248: Property component's dependency on XML Schema  (Roberto)
[.7]
  - Issue 249: HTTP binding mismatch and identification missing (Hugo)
[.8]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0249.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0250.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0263.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0279.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0282.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0283.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0285.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Editorial issues:
    - 226 Cross-binding HTTP features
      Hugo's questions [.1]
    - 235 Definition of Fault 
      Sanjiva questions it [.2], Paul provides example [.3]
    - Action item [.4]
        2004-05-20: David Orchard to update HTTP binding to 
                    include discussion of how to generate an 
                    accepts header from schema annotations 
                    conformant to the media types extension 
                    document, and to use outputSerialization 
                    based on that information.  

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0287.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0253.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0254.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0262.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  webMethod issues:
  - Issue 229: useOperationWebMethod proposal [.1]
  - DaveO's proposal [.2]
  - Issue 169: Syntax for webMethod - property or attribute? [.3]
  - Proposal [.4]
  - Atom WSDL binding example [.5]

  - Vote on David's proposal (10 min) [.2]
  [postpone till DaveO is on the call.]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x229
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0288.html
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x169
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0060.html
[.5] http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2004/07/05/atom_03_wsdl_20
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0157.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 130: Need async request/response HTTP binding [.1]
  - WG in favor of adding such a MEP, with some expressing a desire
    that this be as lightweight as possible.
  - Revived proposal from DaveO [.2]
  - Sanjiva's alternative [.3]
  [postpone till DaveO is on the call.]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x130
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0287.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0040.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 189: Binding message content to URI [.1]
  - Issue details from DaveO [.2]
    - Omitting content
    - Attributes
    - QNames
  - ATOM WSDL example [.3]
  - Detailed proposal [.4]
  [postpone till DaveO is on the call.]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0061.html
[.3] http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2004/07/05/atom_03_wsdl_20
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0276.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Issue 168: Which operation [.1]
  - DBooth revived the thread at [.2]
  - What remains of 168?  DBooth asks [.3], Mark responds [.4]
  - Proposal to close issue.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x168
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0112.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0280.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0281.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Issue 237: Editorial issues with Part 3 [.1]
  - Details (Hugo) [.2]
  - All accepted except: 
    + readability proposal [.3, .5]
    + fault decisions [.4]  Looks like chair dropped an AI :-(
  
[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x237
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0011.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0263.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0257.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0263.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 238: Consistent placement of <feature> and <property> [.1]
  - Details (Sanjiva) [.2]
  - Roberto to check.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x238
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jun/0267.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Issue 243: Component reference vs. QName (Asir) [.1]
    Proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x243
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0249.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Issue 246: HTTP binding and interface operation MEP (Hugo) [.1]
    Proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0279.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Issue 248: Property component's dependency on XML Schema  (Roberto)
[.1]
    Proposal [.2] Addendum [.3]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0283.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0290.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
17. Issue 249: HTTP binding mismatch and identification missing (Hugo)
[.1]
  - Proposal [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0285.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
18. Issue 247: Which came first, the function or the binding? (Amy) [.1]
  - Details [.2]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x189 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0282.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Next steps
    - Editorial work to be complete for WG review Tuesday 7/27,
    - Editorial items resulting from WG review resolved 7/29.
    - Vote on 7/29 to take it to Last Call on Aug 3rd unless
      showstoppers are raised.
    - WG August holiday begins the evening of Aug 4th London time.
Received on Thursday, 22 July 2004 01:41:43 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:32 GMT