Re: Resolution of issue 168

Hi Mark.

* Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> [2004-07-20 12:37-0400]
[..]
> As an aside, I just wanted to note ...
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 09:31:15AM -0400, David Booth wrote:
> > 1. The parties that wish to interact using a Web service first agree on the
> > WSD and application semantics that will govern the interaction between
> > their agents.  How this is accomplished is outside the scope of WSDL 2.0.
>
> that this step seems counter to the charter of the group, in that it
> requires coordination prior to interaction.

The way I see it, the requester entity processing a WSDL 2.0 document
and deciding to use it to start interacting is an agreement with
the provider entity whose service is described. It is a scenario which
didn't require coordination, just the requester entity entity making
the decision to use the information described by the WSDL 2.0
document.

The WSDL 2.0 document is just a tool which may be used in different
ways when a requester entity and a provider entity decide to interact.

For a broader view, I think David's description fits into big picture
of Web services discovery description[1] made in the Web Services
Architecture document[2].

Regards,

Hugo

  1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-ws-arch-20040211/#wsdisc