From: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
To: "'Douglas Rand'" <drand@sgi.com>, David Perrell <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org, Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Subject: RE: CSS vs. transitional markup [was: No Subject]
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:22:12 -0700
Sender: www-style-request@w3.org

My view is the same as Douglas' on this issue.  The behaviour of IE3 was
a bug - well, limitation of the way we chose to implement CSS, actually.
IE4 does not have this limitation - CSS rules or inline styles that
apply to a FONT tag will override the FONT tag properties, but the font
tag is not overridden by inherited stylesheet properties.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com
***