[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NON-DELIVERY of: Re: Netscape 4.0b5 stylesheet limitation

At 12:44 AM 5/27/97, Wolfgang Klimt wrote:

>yesterday I discovered that Netscape Communicator allows stylesheets
>only to be loaded from the server the html-page was loaded from, in
>any other case it produces a "JavaScript Error" (???) and doesn't
>apply the CSS stylesheet. I'm a friend of security, but I can't see
>any reason why a stylesheet could be a security risk! For me this
>means a great limitation, as we have many web-servers that should use
>the same stylesheet loaded from one reference location.

One possibility is that the tag didn't have a TYPE="text/css". It would be
reasonable to expect this to be implicit, but Netscape seems to have
declared their javascript stylesheet mix as the default, typically causing
error messages as the one you got.

-- Terje <Terje@in-progress.com> | Media Design in*Progress

   Interaction makes editing Cascading Style Sheets easy...
   Info:      http://interaction.in-progress.com/components/style
   MacWorld:  http://www.macworld.com/daily/daily.1272.html
   MacWeek:   http://www8.zdnet.com/macweek/mw_1118/gw_cascade.html
   Mactivity: Attend the course in Cascading Style Sheets June 15.

   (See attached file: RFC822.TXT)
FailureReason: MailEx0105: Unable to deliver message to cc:Mail.
IntendedRecipient: klimt@informatik.tu-muenchen.de at INTERNET@CCMAIL,www-style@
INTERNET@CCMAIL