CSS1 and tables

From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 21:32:48 +0200 (MET DST)
To: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
Cc: "Style" <www-style@w3.org>
David Perrell writes:

 > What are the CSS1 properties that describe the typical rendering of a table?

We (i.e. W3C staff) has been thinking and writing much about this over
the last year or so. Some early drafts of CSS1 (e.g. [1]) partly
described the rendering of tables, but this was dropped to simplfy
level 1.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-css1-960220.html#formatting-tables

 > Have there been any proposals?

Yes, many. None of the recent ones are public, but that will change as
soon as we have something reasonalbly stable.

Regards,

-h&kon

H      k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org   W o r l d   Wide  W e b  Consortium
inria # FRANCE http://www.w3.org/people/howcome