Re: CSS1 and tables

From: Chris Lilley <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 00:38:52 +0200 (MET)
To: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>, "'David Perrell'" <davidp@earthlink.net>, www-style@w3.org
On Oct 6,  2:59pm, Chris Wilson (PSD) wrote:

> Unfortunately (and believe me, I do mean "unfortunately"), legacy
> rendering disagrees with you quite strongly.  Try loading this in any
> version of Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer:
>
> <B>This is bold.
> <TABLE><TR><TD>
> This is not bold.
> </TD></TR>
> </TABLE>
> This is bold again.
> </B>

OK, so these browsers do error correction on a document which has
a block  level element inside a phrase level element, and internally
generate

<B>This is bold.</b>
<TABLE><TR><TD>
This is not bold.
</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
<b>This is bold again.</B>

Fine. But, since TABLE is not a child of B, naturally the table is
not in bold.