RE: CSS1 and tables

From: Chris Wilson (PSD) <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 18:21:25 -0700
To: "'Chris Lilley'" <Chris.Lilley@sophia.inria.fr>, "'David Perrell'" <davidp@earthlink.net>, www-style@w3.org
Ah, an interesting solution - one I discarded while planning in IE3
because of the legacy of:

 <FORM STYLE="font-weight: bold">This is bold.
 <INPUT ID=a>
 <TABLE><TR><TD>
 <INPUT ID=b>This is not bold.
 </TD></TR>
 </TABLE>
 This is bold again.
 <INPUT ID=c>
 </FORM>

Namely, you can't assume you can always break an element into two or
more elements without damaging its functionality.
	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com
***