RE: CSS1 and tables

As I explained in a post I just sent, this is because Microsoft defined
the FACE attribute for the FONT tag. We always thought not inheriting
into tables was lame; so, when the opportunity presented itself, we did
the right thing with the font face.

Let me be perfectly clear here - in my mind, there are two issues.  #1,
whether we "break the inheritance model", or whether we're setting
default properties on table cells - this may seem like an arbitrary line
to draw, but it's not.  We DO inherit some properties into table cells -
e.g., font-family.  The model is not broken at all.

The #2 issue is whether or not doing either one of these things (for
legacy compatibility reasons) is the "right" thing to do.  This is an
issue with more room for opinion, and for once I find myself on the
"impure" side.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com