W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-forms@w3.org > April 2012

Agenda 2012-04-04

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 16:46:11 +0200
To: public-forms@w3.org
Message-ID: <op.wb8wa1n7smjzpq@steven-portege-z835>
Whoops! With no Leigh, I have to send out the agenda! Sorry that it's so
late (and hurried).

That also means we need a minute taker...


Chair: Steven Pemberton
Start Time: 11:00am Eastern US (15:00Z, but back to 16:00Z during US
Standard Time)
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 93676 ("XFORM")
Duration: 60 minutes

Previous Minutes
- http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Minutes

Minute takers rotation list, when not done by Leigh:
Uli, Kurt, Erik, John, Nick, Steven

Action Items and Tracker
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/xforms/

Resolutions
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Resolutions

=============
AGENDA ITEMS:
=============
* = be ready to discuss
+ = discuss time permitting

---------------------
Administrative Issues
---------------------
* Minute taker

* Co-Chair?

* FPWD
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Mar/0036.html

- XForms Basic 1.0
Needs to be published as note.  Any changes needed to patent policy?

- Fix our shortname issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Nov/0096.html
http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions

---------------
Announcements
---------------
XForms course in Rockville, Maryland, 8-9 June 2012
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2012Apr/0000.html


----------------------------
XForms Users Community Group
----------------------------

* Chair: Leigh?

* Move XHTML+XForms to Community Group
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Mar/0041.html

* Implementation list moved to Community group
http://www.w3.org/community/xformsusers/wiki/XForms_Implementations

* Community Group Mail
- public-xformsusers
- public-xformsusers-contrib
- internal-xformsusers

* Community Group Goals
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Mar/0031.html

===============================
PROGRESS ON WORKING GROUP GOALS
===============================
-------------------------------
News and XForms Implementations
-------------------------------

--------------------
W3C Document Reviews
--------------------

----------------------------
XForms Implementor Questions
----------------------------

+ Reducing the amount of XForms markup by using more attributes instead of
nested elements
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Feb/0030.html
ACTION-1873 Steven Pemberton to analyze elements where @label @help @hint
@alert and child text content for static value.

---------------------
XForms Author Questions
---------------------

- Submission namespace inclusion should recognize QName data nodes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2009Nov/0002.html
Needs owner

- Repeats and web service submissions don't work well together
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Nov/0021.html
Needs owner

- C. M. Sperberg-McQueen observation on tabbed interfaces, focus, etc
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0055.html
Discussed 2011-04-27 but
still need someone to dis-entangle the issues and see what's 1.1/2.0/3.0

+ Move selected items from one select drop down to another one
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011Aug/0001.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011Aug/0001.html
Is this done?

+ XForms initialization use case
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Feb/0015.html

-----------------
XForms 1.1 Issues
-----------------
- Improving the XForms 1.1 test suite
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2009Jun/0017.html

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 XSD Schemas
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms-editor/2009Nov/0003.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Mar/0001.html
Owen Newnan has handed off his work
Philip Fennel (was Leigh Klotz) to pick up

--------------------------------------------
Advancing XForms for HTML / XForms for XHTML
--------------------------------------------

+ XHTML + XForms Validator
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0025.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0026.html

- XHTML + XForms
- Leigh has action to write goals document from Cambridge F2F minutes
-- Goals
-- Assertions
-- Examples
-- Test Suite

- Rationalization of XForms for HTML, RDFa, and ARIA
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Mar/0044.html

+ XHTML + XForms Schema Update
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0031.html
Needs directory created (2010?)
Needs Leigh's updates for RNC schema agreement with errata
C.M. Sperberg McQueen asks that consider taking out the IDRefs

- XForms 1.1 and XHTML+XForms1.1 RelaxNG Schemas
Possibly need to produce a strict schema (maximal restriction of known
interoperable usage) and a lax schema (for extensions).  Vendors will
customize the strict schema to show what their implementations support,
but not customize the lax schema.

- Update TheMatrix
http://www.w3.org/QA/TheMatrix

----------
XForms 2.0
----------
+ Variables in XForms (Review Spec)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Jan/0019.html
Awaiting ACTION-1868: Erik Bruchez to summarize problems with error
handling and three options for variable type handling.
Awaiting ACTION-1869: Van den Bleeken to add note asking for
implementation experience for variables in model.

+ Review load/@show='embed'; submission replace='embed'
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Feb/0022.html
Awaiting ACTION-1872 from Leigh Klotz

* Expand data model of ref to an arbitrary sequence
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Dec/0005.html
Continue Discussion

+ Custom event context
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Dec/0006.html
Awaiting ACTION-1875

* Added optional id parameter to the context function
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Dec/0004.html

+ JSON Instances
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0006.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0007.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0008.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0009.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0010.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0011.html
Most recent messages:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0028.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0029.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jun/0030.html
Need to get wiki write up started.

+ transform function module
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0018.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0019.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0014.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0015.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0021.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011May/0019.html
and new
http://docs.basex.org/wiki/XSLT_Functions

+ Schematron validation (via transform)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011May/0001.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011May/0002.html

+ label/@xml:lang, label/@model
Discuss these remaining parts of Kurt Cagle's label/@for proposal.

+ Constraint-based alerts and MIP name, type, etc.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Jan/0028.html

+ Note 2 on XForms 1.1 computational dependency definition. Short-circuting
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2011Jan/0003.html
are we done with this (ask John Boyer)

+ node creation functions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0024.html

* XForms 2.0 and XPath 2.0
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Feb/0014.html

+ Text Annotations
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0000.html
Status report from Dan McCreary

+ Tree Controls
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Apr/0000.html
Status report from Dan McCreary

- Eventable and Presented
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0007.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0008.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Nov/0009.html
Are we dropping this?

+ base64 encoding for HTTP Basic Authentication - a gap in the XForms
function library? (RFE)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0012.html
Updated info:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0050.html

+ eBMS Submission
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0037.html

- Making XForms 2.0 more RESTful: submission URI Templates and matrix URIs
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0020.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0033.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0039.html

+ Dealing with HTTP response entities when response code is not 200 series
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0006.html

+ XSLT Action Proposal from Claudius Teodorescu
Old thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0036.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Sep/0027.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Sep/0000.html
New action, now includes XProc
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2010Nov/0000.html

* node creation function use cases
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Nov/0007.html
John asks for node creation function use cases.

* Bidirectional value conversion
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Nov/0027.html

* Error Handling
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2011Nov/0027.html

+ Improved UI Events
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Oct/0010.html
Status?

+ model/@src use cases
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0003.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0004.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0005.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0017.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0018.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0019.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0020.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0021.html
Are we dropping this in favor of subforms?

- Submit and Trigger Availability during (multiple) submissions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0022.html

- The case for multiple XForms labels in a control
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Dec/0027.html

+ XML Events: proposal to extend filtering on the event phase
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0018.html

- Better upload facilities
-- Instant upload submission to server
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Oct/0061.html
-- Easier handling of multiple uploads
-- Easier extraction of an upload back to the end-user context
-- Easier request to display an upload
-- Better control of metadata associated with upload data
-- http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/3.6/releasenotes/
-- multiple upload control?
-- download?

+ Access Control / Cross-site requests ; Uniform Messaging Policy, Level
One
http://www.w3.org/TR/access-control/
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Jan/0042.html
Needs owner

----------
XForms 3.0
----------

- XQuery+XForms
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/XQuery

- XBL

- For more, see:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Future_Goals

=============================================

IRC web client: http://irc.w3.org/
(Stuck?  See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2010Apr/0022.html )

[[Magic for irc channel:

trackbot, start telecon

%% Formerly the following:
%%    /invite zakim
%%    /invite rrsagent
%%    zakim, this will be forms
%%    rrsagent, make log public
%%    Meeting: Weekly Forms WG Teleconference

Agenda: <url of this message>
Chair: <whoever>
Scribe: <whoever> (use exact IRC name, or add "scribenick: irc_name")
Regrets: <name>, <name>, ...
Topic: <topic 1>
... minutes ...
Resolution: ... resolution ...
Topic: <topic 2>
...
ACTION: <someone> to <something>
...

Use sed edits to fix previous lines, like s/Steve/Steven/

*** AT THE END OF THE CALL, rrsagent will list the actions by typing
actions?

*** Zakim will announce who was present by typing
zakim, bye

*** rrsagent dismissal
rrsagent, make minutes
rrsagent, bye

*** If someone by chance dismisses rrsagent before the minutes
*** are made, just invite rrsagent back

]]
Received on Wednesday, 4 April 2012 14:46:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 1 October 2013 22:06:56 UTC