Re: [dxwg] Profile Composition and Languages

From: Rob Sanderson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 21:31:17 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
I agree with Vlad here. There seems to be confusion about whether the profile is a set of validation rules, or if it's something else; for example

> Profiles may be written in or may link to a document or schema in a validation language (ShEx, SHACL, XMLschema). [ID41] (5.41)

I think this issue is clear that the Profile and schema/validation language are separate resources, and thus profiles can only "link to" those machine processable constraint descriptions.  That a profile could then link to many such descriptions, for different formats (JSON-schema, SHACL/ShEx, xml schema / schematron, etc.), thereby resolving Lars' definition that the profile is technology independent.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by azaroth42
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/162#issuecomment-399250082 using your GitHub account