Re: [dxwg] Profile Composition and Languages

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 14:53:27 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@azaroth42 As to whether profiles and schema languages are necessarily separate "things" - there are folks who wish to use SHACL or ShEx as profile languages, or at least as the basis for a profile. I haven't seen an example so I don't know what that looks like in comparison to, say, DCAT-AP. Presumably you could add properties for instructions, examples, definitions, etc. to a validation language and that may be sufficient in some cases. I have doubts about the human-friendliness of that solution, but for sure we should allow for profiles as human-readable documents and coded validation as separate, with all of the downsides of expressing some of the same things in two different places.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/162#issuecomment-399469965 using your GitHub account