Re: [dxwg] Profile Composition and Languages

From: kcoyle via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:28:38 +0000
To: public-dxwg-wg@w3.org
@rob-metalinkage From what I see, profileDesc does not "compose" a profile - there are no properties for the contents of profiles (properties, value types, cardinality... etc.). It describes the profile in a general sense - it's ABOUT the profile but ISN'T a profile. Here are some attempts at profile languages:

http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-dsp/ A Constraint Language for DC Application Profiles
https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/blob/master/schemaList.csv Schema for DC Application Profiles

If you consider profileDesc to be the same as those then I think we need to see something that shows that. What we have so far is a diagram and the turtle file, and I don't see profile composition in those. A written description of the goals and scope of profileDesc would be very useful.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/162#issuecomment-399442291 using your GitHub account