W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > September 2003

WOWG: Agenda Sep 18 telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:20:24 +0200
Message-ID: <3F687BB8.5060904@cs.vu.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

AGENDA  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
Sep 18, 2003, 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London)
Duration: 90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 9326#.
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: TBD


1. ADMINISTRIVIA (15 min)

Role Call

Regrets: Bechofer (likely), Hendler
See the list for last-minute regrets

PROPOSED: to accept
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0163.html
as a true record of Sept 11 telecon.

PROPOSED to meet biweekly for 90 minutes Background: chairs have
reconsidered this. Rationale for biweekly: it may take some time for
the WG to go to PR/Rec due to the RDFCore dependency. We prefer less
frequent telecons with good attendance. Agenda will be mix of
tests/comments/schedule and outreach.

Provisional telecon schedule until end of Oct:
   Sep 25: NO telecon
   Oct 2:  telecon
   Oct 9:  NO telecon
   Oct 16: telecon
   Oct 23: NO telecon (but many of us will meet at ISWC)
   Oct 30: telecon


2. OUTREACH (30-35 min)

2.1 Publicity: status/plans

ACTION DanC: summarize OWL press coverage

ACTION Guus: send overview of ISWC-related events
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0157.html


2.2 Guideline/FAQ repository for OWL

ACTION DanC: Propose Wiki be used for FAQ


2.3 Other possible outreach activities of WebOnt

Status OMG UML Profile for OWL:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0053.html

- short discussion/brainstorm


2.4 Other outreach-related actions

ACTION: Jim will report back on status of Gene Ontology
Consortium re OWL.


3. CR/PR ISSUES (15-25 min)

3.1 Exit criteria

Background:
Dan's status message: "OWL exit criteria: very close!"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0190.html
RDF-based test result page:
http://www.w3.org/2003/08/owl-systems/test-results-out

ACTION Sandro: send email (rdf-interest, rdf-logic) about
http://www.w3.org/2003/08/owl-systems/test-results-out, asking for
more data

ACTION: Jim Hendler - Report PELLET status re complete OWL Lite
consistency checkers
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0165.html

ACTION: Ian Horrocks - Report Cerebra and Racer status re complete OWL Lite
consistency checkers
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0128.html

ACTION: Sandro - Report reasoning status re useful subsets of OWL
Full.

ACTION: Jim Hendler - Check with Bijan re owl syntax checkers passing
all tests

ACTION JimH: check process doc re: features at Risk


3.2 Comments on CR docs

Jeremy's comment on S&AS/datatype mapping rules:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0154.html
Peter's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0183.html

Jeremy's comment on S&AS/InverseFuncProp:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0156.html
Peter's proposed resolution:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0181.html

Jeremy's comment on S&AS/Ontology typing
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0177.html
Peter's proposed resolution:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0180.html

Sean: Old guide ontology versions
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0134.html

Parsia/Grove: OWL Test cases and Species Validation
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Aug/0016.html
No reply so far
WG discussion thread starts at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0120.html

Hugh Winkler: Missing AllDisjoint
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Aug/0025.html
No reply so far

Benjamin Nowack on OWL ref:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Sep/0007.html
No reply so far


3.3 PR Schedule

ACTION JimH: discuss PR schedule with CG


4. RDFCORE DOCUMENTS (10 min)

ACTION Ian: report back on whether RDF WDs are as expected by S&AS

- appoint reviewer(s) for new RDF Semantics WD

- position of WebOnt wrt. internationalization issues: discussion on
   whether/how to adapt Guus' message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0027.html


5. Reguest from QA WG

See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0076.html
Response from Jeremy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0126.html


6. TEST ISSUES (if time allows)

ACTION: JJC change status of all these tests in the editor's draft.
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0132.html

Jeremy's proposal for reclassifying some tests:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0155.html

To discuss: relative URIs:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0148.html

7. AOB

-- 
Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Wednesday, 17 September 2003 11:20:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:02 GMT