Re: mapping rule for InverseFunctionalProperty etc

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Subject: mapping rule for InverseFunctionalProperty etc
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:59:12 +0300

> The mappjng rule for
> ObjectProperty( ID InverseFunctional )
>
> =>
>
> ID rdf:type owl:ObjectProperty .
>     [opt if one of the last three triples is included]
> ID rdf:type owl:InverseFunctionalProperty .
>
> Does not appear to achieve the apparent desired effect.
>
> Because while
>
> eg:foo rdf:type owl:InverseFunctionalProperty .
>
> is hence a legal OWL Lite ontology, the following is not
>
> _:a rdf:type owl:Thing .
> _:a eg:foo _:b .
> _:b rdf:type owl:Thing .
> eg:foo rdf:type owl:InverseFunctionalProperty .

Agreed.  The translation rule for individualvaluedPropertyID should be
changed to make its first triple be optional if there is a triple in the
translation of the ontology that give the ID one of the three
more-specific OWL property types.

Again, this should be agreed on by the WG.

I believe that OWLP already acts in this modified manner.