W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > September 2003

RE: WOWG: Agenda Sep 18 telecon

From: Charles White <Charles.White@networkinference.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:44:26 +0100
Message-ID: <3BE4D3F0FB726240966DEF40418472B51C88A6@ni-lon-server1.ad.networkinference.com>
To: "Guus Schreiber" <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>, "WebOnt WG" <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

The Mitre OWL Tutorials are available at http://www.xfront.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Guus Schreiber [mailto:schreiber@cs.vu.nl]
> Sent: 17 September 2003 08:20
> To: WebOnt WG
> Subject: WOWG: Agenda Sep 18 telecon
> 
> 
> 
> AGENDA  Teleconference Web Ontology Working Group
> Sep 18, 2003, 1200 (East US), 0900 (West US). 1700 (London)
> Duration: 90 min
> 
> Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 passcode 9326#.
> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #webont
> 
> Chair: Guus Schreiber
> Scribe: TBD
> 
> 
> 1. ADMINISTRIVIA (15 min)
> 
> Role Call
> 
> Regrets: Bechofer (likely), Hendler
> See the list for last-minute regrets
> 
> PROPOSED: to accept
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0163.html
> as a true record of Sept 11 telecon.
> 
> PROPOSED to meet biweekly for 90 minutes Background: chairs have
> reconsidered this. Rationale for biweekly: it may take some time for
> the WG to go to PR/Rec due to the RDFCore dependency. We prefer less
> frequent telecons with good attendance. Agenda will be mix of
> tests/comments/schedule and outreach.
> 
> Provisional telecon schedule until end of Oct:
>    Sep 25: NO telecon
>    Oct 2:  telecon
>    Oct 9:  NO telecon
>    Oct 16: telecon
>    Oct 23: NO telecon (but many of us will meet at ISWC)
>    Oct 30: telecon
> 
> 
> 2. OUTREACH (30-35 min)
> 
> 2.1 Publicity: status/plans
> 
> ACTION DanC: summarize OWL press coverage
> 
> ACTION Guus: send overview of ISWC-related events
> DONE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0157.html
> 
> 
> 2.2 Guideline/FAQ repository for OWL
> 
> ACTION DanC: Propose Wiki be used for FAQ
> 
> 
> 2.3 Other possible outreach activities of WebOnt
> 
> Status OMG UML Profile for OWL:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0053.html
> 
> - short discussion/brainstorm
> 
> 
> 2.4 Other outreach-related actions
> 
> ACTION: Jim will report back on status of Gene Ontology
> Consortium re OWL.
> 
> 
> 3. CR/PR ISSUES (15-25 min)
> 
> 3.1 Exit criteria
> 
> Background:
> Dan's status message: "OWL exit criteria: very close!"
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0190.html
> RDF-based test result page:
> http://www.w3.org/2003/08/owl-systems/test-results-out
> 
> ACTION Sandro: send email (rdf-interest, rdf-logic) about
> http://www.w3.org/2003/08/owl-systems/test-results-out, asking for
> more data
> 
> ACTION: Jim Hendler - Report PELLET status re complete OWL Lite
> consistency checkers
> DONE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0165.html
> 
> ACTION: Ian Horrocks - Report Cerebra and Racer status re 
> complete OWL Lite
> consistency checkers
> DONE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0128.html
> 
> ACTION: Sandro - Report reasoning status re useful subsets of OWL
> Full.
> 
> ACTION: Jim Hendler - Check with Bijan re owl syntax checkers passing
> all tests
> 
> ACTION JimH: check process doc re: features at Risk
> 
> 
> 3.2 Comments on CR docs
> 
> Jeremy's comment on S&AS/datatype mapping rules:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0154.html
> Peter's response:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0183.html
> 
> Jeremy's comment on S&AS/InverseFuncProp:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0156.html
> Peter's proposed resolution:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0181.html
> 
> Jeremy's comment on S&AS/Ontology typing
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0177.html
> Peter's proposed resolution:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0180.html
> 
> Sean: Old guide ontology versions
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0134.html
> 
> Parsia/Grove: OWL Test cases and Species Validation
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/200
> 3Aug/0016.html
> No reply so far
> WG discussion thread starts at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Aug/0120.html
> 
> Hugh Winkler: Missing AllDisjoint
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/200
3Aug/0025.html
No reply so far

Benjamin Nowack on OWL ref:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003Sep/0007.html
No reply so far


3.3 PR Schedule

ACTION JimH: discuss PR schedule with CG


4. RDFCORE DOCUMENTS (10 min)

ACTION Ian: report back on whether RDF WDs are as expected by S&AS

- appoint reviewer(s) for new RDF Semantics WD

- position of WebOnt wrt. internationalization issues: discussion on
   whether/how to adapt Guus' message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0027.html


5. Reguest from QA WG

See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0076.html
Response from Jeremy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0126.html


6. TEST ISSUES (if time allows)

ACTION: JJC change status of all these tests in the editor's draft.
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0132.html

Jeremy's proposal for reclassifying some tests:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0155.html

To discuss: relative URIs:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0148.html

7. AOB

-- 
Free University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Thursday, 18 September 2003 12:44:50 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:02 GMT