Fwd: QA Ops Guidelines and OWL WG

We have received this request from the QA working group.  On one
hand, it looks like some work, on the other hand, it could improve
our product as well as providing valuable feedback to the QA WG and
helping them with their CR.  I will put discussion of this on our
telecon for this week
  -JH

>Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:01:20 -0400
>Subject: QA Ops Guidelines and OWL WG
>Cc: www-qa-wg@w3.org
>To: hendler@cs.umd.edu, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
>From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
>
>Jim Hendler		(Chair - OWL WG),
>Dan Connolly 		(Staff - OWL WG)
>
>we have identified that the OWL WG might be an excellent candidate
>for a partial or total implementation of QA Operational
>Guidelines[1] (QA Ops GL). (CR version of the document will be
>published soon in one week or two. The preliminary version is
>available at http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2003/09/qaframe-ops-20030905)
>
>One of the criteria of success of the CR phase will be to gather the
>experience (preferably successful) on implementations of the QA
>Operational Guidelines.
>
>By applying, we don't mean to say "comply" but only going thru the
>Ops checklist and report to the QAWG what they think they're already
>doing, what they expect to do in the future (and by when), and what
>they don't expect to do (with rationales).  It will not be necessary
>to implement everything (but better if all) but do what you can or
>what you think is valuable.
>
>We would like by the end of the announced CR period, the 4th
>Technical Plenary in March 2004, to have at least 5 WGs having done
>this work and give us their feedback with their rationales.
>
>The phase will be to
>	- give you the guidelines with a start kit.
>	- do not necessary help you apply the guidelines
>	- gather your comments and the results of your
>auto-evaluation (2/3 months later)
>	- work together to modify the guidelines and/or either to
>help you implement them.
>
>Would you like to participate in this work?
>

>[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-ops/
>
>--
>Karl Dubost - http://www.w3.org/People/karl/
>W3C Conformance Manager
>*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***